Removal of Implants Nose?

Hi dr, I am scheduled to remove my goretex implant and ear cartilage in tip this 19th. It is going to be perform by a different doctor. He said if the nose do not go back to original he would do a small revision to make it close. It will be 3 m prior to first surgery. How risky is it? Could i end up w a botched nose? Please dont tell me to wait. Thank you

Nasal revision, cartilage graft

+1

Goretex grafts have been used as onlay grafts, and can be removed easily. However, it is difficult to predict what the nose will look like after removing the implant, and cartilage grafting may well be necessary which may be more than a minor revision.  To do significant revisional surgery, 3 months is early.  I understand your desire to quickly revise your nose, but it is possible that future revisions will be necessary if you cannot wait longer.

Nasal implant removal

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say, but if you are just removing the implant, it is difficult to predict how the nose will respond to that.

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

Was the implant placed 3 months ago, and this is now being removed and ear cartilage used in its place?  If this is the case, this is not a particularly risky surgery, and your own cartilage is preferred to an implant.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA