Are Porcelain Veneers the Gold Standard in Achieving the Whitest Teeth Humanly Possible?

2 yrs ago i had 6 porcelain veneers in my top teeth. i wanted to know if porcelain veneers are the gold standard in acheiving the whitest teeth humanly possible?.

Whitest Teeth Possible

+1

Porcelain veneers are the only way to get teeth extremely white predictably. Some patients can get really white teeth from in office or take home whitening procedures. My personal opinion is that very white porcelain veneers look fake. 

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain Veneers are Gold Standard?

+1

Veneers are probanly the gold standard in achieving perfectly white teeth. However, I would give my patients a choice of whitening or veneers. If they are happy with the shape and size of their teeth, I would suggest they use Kor Whitening. It is a deep bleaching method that really makes teeth white. If the patient is unhappy with the shape and size of their teeth, as well as the color. then I think veneers are the best option.  Hope this answers your question.

Robert Fields, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain Veneers Are Most Esthetic Option

+1

Thanks for your question.  Full-porcelain veneers or crowns offer the highest level of esthetics in dentistry, as they are most-natural looking, and can be customized to the patient's desired shade.  As porcelain is ceramic/glass-like (yet extremely durable), it also allows for proper shading and "shine" of the tooth to ensure the most natural-looking result as well.

Jon G. Rischer, DDS
Columbia Cosmetic Dentist

4 Advantages To Porcelain Veneers

+1

Porcelain veneers are the treatment of choice when the ultimate goal is having very white teeth. Bleaching your teeth can certainly provide an improved aesthetic appearance, but the results will be limited depending on the amount and color of the stain. The advantages of porcelain veneers are:

1. They are thin meaning little to no removal of enamel. 

2. Aesthetic quality is outstanding allowing for very natural looking restorations.

3. Extremely durable 

4. Most cases can be completed in two visits. 

Be sure that when doing porcelain veneers that you don't choose a color that is too white. This gives the "chiclet" look and can appear fake.

Scott Young, DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Whitest possible teeth

+1

You can get extreemely white with veneers but you can probably get an even  whiter look with a full zirconia crown. I highly recommend to avoid doing this. This looks completly fake and in my opinion ridiculous. You can get nice white but still in the natural range with a tray tooth whitening treatment.

You may think whiter is better but trust me on this, people make fun of over-the top white veneers or crowns on celebrities and TV personalities.

Good luck

Dr. T

Mauricio C. Tijerino, DMD
Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

4 Reasons Why Porcelain Veneers are the Gold Standard for The Whitest Teeth!

+1
  1. We have actually invented "bleaching shades" for dental porcelain which go beyond the natural whitest shade of teeth into the super-white realm.
  2. Porcelain veneers have a natural fluorescent reflective property making them appear whiter especially in photographs.
  3. Dental porcelain does not change color as other restorative materials such as composite resin. (Note: the tooth underneath the veneer can darken with age.)
  4. Porcelain veneers can be fabricated with little or no translucency to mask underlying discoloration if needed, making them the thinnest, most lasting aesthetic choice for the whitest smile desirable.

Just one footnote: beware of glowing in the dark with a smile that is too white!

Gerry Curatola, DDS
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

What is Gold Standard for White Teeth?

+1

Veneers will provide you with perfect white teeth. You also have a less invasive procedure, Kor Whitening which is deep bleaching, which will bring most teeth up to an extremely white shade.  Once you do veneers, there is no going back! Tooth structure has been removed. If you have nice looking straight teeth, but would like them very white, I would try Kor Whitening. If you still are not happy, go for the veneers!

George Koutsoukos, DDS
Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain Veneers Are the Gold Standard for Whitest Teeth Possible

+1

Yes, Porcelain Veneers are the best way to get your teeth the whitest possible. Remember, the Veneers can be made in many many different colors and shades. You would have to let your dentist know that you want "toilet-bowl" WHITE (excuse the French). Many dentists might not want to use that super-white shade because the resulting teeth will not look "natural". But you are the one paying the bill and you have a right to request whatever color you want.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers are thin

+1

Porcelain veneers are thin layers of porcelain, sometimes it is possible to see "behind" or through that thin layer of porcelain and if you have very yellow teeth, then it is possible to see some of that color. In that case, porcelain crowns are the best option. Good Luck!

German Arzate, DDS, MS
Mexico Cosmetic Dentist