Swelling and Bad Smell on the Right Side of my Nose, Its Been 3 Weeks Since Operation? (photo)

Hi, ive had rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago and the right side of my nose still seems swollen inside and it has a bad smell, there is no pain at all but just wondering if it takes one side of the nose to heal slower then the other side???

Swelling and Bad Smell on the Right Side of my Nose, Its Been 3 Weeks Since Operation?

+1

Based upon your description alone it is very difficult to give advice, but I would follow with your surgeon with regard to assessment of the bad smell.   One side can definitely heal more slowly than the other.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

Swelling is normal on one side of the nose but it can also depend on your anatomy before surgery. It is possible that more work was necessary to help with your breathing issues.  You may also have some crusting inside your nose that is contributing to the smell. Most rhinoplasty swelling should resolve within a month but it can last longer. If you experience any problems, consult with your facial plastic surgeon.

Rhinoplasty healing

+1

Sometimes you can have a little bit more bleeding on one side than the other side.  This can result in longer healing times on that side. 

Tarrytown Plastic Surgeon