Exercise After Liposuction?

im a male and 60 kgs. my PS said that i am a good candidate for lower abdominal lipo and all over etching. what i want to know is that do we still excercise that area after the operation is healed up?. will it make that area look better than not working out?. also since i am a candidate for lipo on my tummy does that mean that my whole body wont respond to exercise to tone up?. my doctor said the rest of my body seems fine. i just dont want to waste time doing something that will get me nowhere?

Exercise after liposuction

+1

It sounds like you are a good candidate for liposculpture.  It is always a good idea to exercise as much as possible after the procedure to get the best possible results.

Exercise

+1

Losing weight which means you will be decreasing total body fat and increasing muscle definition with exercise can only help you

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

The importance of diet and exercise following liposuction

+1

The answer to the question, "Does exercise following liposuction help with the overall results?" - is an unequivocal - YES.   I counsel my patients that everything  we do as plastic surgeons - liposuction, tummy tucks, arm and thigh lifts, etc.

are adjuncts to, not substitutions for, a good diet and exercise.  Exercising and watching your diet will not only improve your final result, it will also help you maintain what you've gained.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Will Exercise After Liposuction Improve My Appearance?

+1

The answer to your question is YES!  Exercise will improve your appearance, improve your cardiovascular system, and make you feel better about yourself.  Liposuction is a great adjunct to exercise.  It kick starts you to looking better by removing those difficult areas that do not seem to respond well to diet and exercise.  On the other hand, once you heal from your liposuction, working out will make your entire body look better and specifically, abdominal exercises such as situps, will improve the ultimate result of the lower abdominal liposuction you are about to have.

Congratulations on taking the first step to better appearance, better health, and greater self esteem.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and Working out

+1

After you are healed following liposuction, exercise will make the area look better or, at least maintain it.  Any body if trained appropriately will respond. 

Exercise and liposuction

+1

Exercise is always good.  Liposuction may help sculpt a bit but is not a replacment for good diet and exercise.