Will I need a lift with implants? One breast is bigger & sagger, nipples aren't symmetrical (Photo)

I breast feed two kids and now my left breast is more droppy then the other Will I need a lift on my breasts with implants ? also one larger and one smaller implant so it has more symmetry effect ? one nipple sits back into my breast and that's the breast I have a lump in , would you go under muscle ? Or above muscle so I can continue to check my breasts with ease. ?! Going under or over which will give the best result for what I'm wanting I'm not wanting them to sag apart in years to come

Breast augmentation after pregnancy

+1
Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.

Your photo suggests that you will have a very nice result from an augmentation alone.

The asymmetry is not marked - it will be less noticeable with implants in place.

The trend is to placement of implants under the muscle - fewer complications and less easily damaged by future mammograms. You will still be able to check your breasts.

If the nipple is inverted it can be corrected surgically as well. Best wishes.

Asymmetric breasts

+1
require different procedures and a lift would be needed on the droopier side.  In addition, if you have a palpable lump, see if your surgeon can remove it at the same time understanding that if the mass comes back as something more than benign, more surgery is possible.  You could simply have the mass removed prior to the augmentation to ensure it isn't anything significant.

Curtis Wong, MD

Correction of asymmetry

+1
Hi.  Your right side looks quite good - I don't think you need a lift on that side - just an implant.  The left side has a little bit of droop - this could probably be corrected with a short-scar mastopexy, like a "donut" lift, along with the augmentation, if you are OK with the additional scar that is required.

Sizer implants could be used during surgery to help determine the closest possible size match for you.  I would put the implants in the dual-plane partial sub-muscular position.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Asymmetry

+1
You may find that implants alone (with different sizes) will give a nice result.  If having equally positioned nipples and areolas is important, a lift on the left side can offer that, albeit with a tradeoff of additional scar. 

An in person consultation will provide the best possible  evaluation and recommendation. All the best. 

Need a lift with implants?

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
You may need differentials sized implants plus or minus a minor resection of tissue and slight lifting of the left nipple to get the breasts more symmetrical. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Breast augmentation alone are with minor lift on the left should give you a nice result

+1
You certainly can have a nice improvement in your breast with submuscular breast augmentation.  Fortunately you do not have significant ptosis or sagging so breast augmentation alone using a dual plane technique under the muscle should give you an excellent result.

If the nipple asymmetry bothers you and you want the breast to be very symmetrical like the ones that you show in your desired photo that a minor breast lift on the left side using a circumareolar approach would be necessary to give you that type of symmetry.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Will I need a lift with implants

+1
Hi. You have minor breast asymmetry, and should achieve a good result with just implants alone, or at most a periareolar lift on the left (the need for the lift depends on how equal you want to be after the surgery - there is someone in a very similar situation on the gallery in the link attached). Nearly every study shows that there are less long-term problems with implants under the muscle, and you will achieve a more natural result this way. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Will I need a lift with implants? One breast is bigger & sagger, nipples aren't symmetrical

+1
In my humble opinion you do not need a lift but could very well with a breast augmentation with a very minor circumareolar lift on the left side. I would use silicone gel implants moderate plus profile through an inframammary approach. The procedure on the left would be to attempt to match the areolar sizes. Please understand that symmetry in the human being does not exists and there will always be some differences.

Without the benefit of examining you it's impossible to tell you what size implants should be used. What are your goals? I would encourage you to seek out a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in cosmetic breast surgery. Good Luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Breast asymmetry, deflation, and possible lift?

+1
Hi there,

I am impressed that the breasts you like (your "wish boobs") have been so carefully chosen.  They suit you very well.
I'm confident that you don't need a lift. Correction by implants only should be possible, and you can aim high I think - your current shape has a lot of potential for a pleasing result.

The key for you is careful assessment, understanding of your needs, educating you carefully about the benefits and risks of breast implant surgery, and then careful assessment of your chest wall, and breasts using examination and 3D technology for planning. 
Often when the breasts are asymmetric, the body is as well, so evaluation must consider this too.

Start with some consultations with good plastic surgeons, and you'll learn all you need to know.

All the very best

Howard Webster

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1
Yes you have breast asymmetry , both in size and shape. You would need different size implants to correct the volume asymmetry. Ideally to get the most in breast shape symmetry you would need a breast lift ( mastopexy) on the left side. It looks like you might not need a "full" mastopexy on the left , therefore less scar.

G. Wesley Price, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon