I'm of Eurasian background, not happy with my nose, It's quiet bulbous & wide. Best type of Rhinoplasty procedure? (photo)

I'm of Eurasian background and am not at all happy with my nose, It's quiet bulbous and wide. I would much more prefer a more delicate and feminine appearance.

Best type of Rhinoplasty bulbous & wide

+1
You would have to be examined as a patient, but it appears from only one photo that an open rhinoplasty would likely be able to narrow your nose with a high degree of confidence. Your request is very reasonalble.

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Eurasian Rhinoplasty

+1
The most important concern here is to decrease the bulk of your nasal tip while still keeping a soft character to your nose consistent with all your features, big eyes, and Eurasian ethnicity. Specifically I would de-fat the nasal tip skin from the underside that will greatly remove bulk and increase definition over the lower tip cartilages. I would also remove a conservative strip of lower lateral cartilage on the cephalic margin....again to lessen tip size and add definition. I would also put in a columella strut from the septal cartilage to add projection , definition, and stability to the nasal tip. All this will give you a smaller more defined nose but still one that fits your face and overall look. All this is done in my office operating room with oral sedation and local anesthesia only. You do not need general anesthesia for this surgery. Our process is safe, easy and almost painless. I would not do any bony work ( osteotomies or nostil repositioning ) as this is not needed. You will be having lunch with your friends in one week looking fantastic and feeling great....See the noses on my web site. I would recommend doing the surgery as an open approach as this will give you the best chance to get the thinning and symmetry you desire....and would be the approach used most by very experienced nasal (rhinoplasty ) surgeons.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty on Eurasian nose

+1
I do think you could narrow and improve the appearance of your rhinoplasty procedure. Most likely I would recommend an open approach to address the tip and middle third of the nose. It does appear from the single photograph you submitted that you might also benefit from narrowing the ala or nostrils to bring them closer together. One area to consider is that with your thicker skin type, is you want to make sure your surgeon is careful not to overly narrow your cartilages in the lower third of your nose or you could develop collapse or excessive scar tissue. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous nose from the frontal view

+1
You have a bulbous nose from the frontal view.  It would appear that a rhinoplasty would be a good choice but an exam is necessary to give your any details.  

I'm of Eurasian background, not happy with my nose, It's quiet bulbous & wide. Best type of Rhinoplasty procedure?

+1
The areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience. The exact technique would depend on your individual anatomy, desired outcome and the plastic surgeon's experience. Good cosmetic results can be achieved with both closed and open approaches.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS  

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous Wide Nose

+1
Your entire nose including the bridge, tip, and nasal base can be narrowed with rhinoplasty surgery. If your cartilages are soft, like many Eurasian people, it may be necessary to place cartilage grafts from your septum to give strength and maintain the definition you want to achieve.  

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip Eurasian nose

+1
Closed rhinoplasty techniques can accomplish your goals to make the nose more delicate and feminine in appearance. The bulbous tip is refined with a combination of cartilage removal and suture techniques applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip.  The wide nasal bones are made more narrow with osteotomies. For many examples of narrowing a wide nose with closed rhinoplasty techniques, please see  the link below

I'm of Eurasian background, not happy with my nose, It's quiet bulbous & wide. Best type of Rhinoplasty procedure? (photo

+1
Yes a Full Rhinoplasty operation could achieve your desired results. Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON opinions... 

Rhinoplasty

+1
Al of your goals can be achieved through a rhinoplasty - it can be an open or closed approach. From what I can see the quality of your skin will allow to have an excellent result.

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose surgery

+1
Giovanna1990, from your photo it looks like you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  Find several facial plastic specialists and make sure you like there pre-and postop photos.  It appears to me you may need alar rim surgery.  I would recommend you do this secondarily. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon