How long do you have to wait before a revision? What is the likelihood fitting another 100-120cc in once the skin has stretched?

I had breast augmentation 4 days ago with 295cc HP implants this was the largest size I could go due to lack of breast tissue. I really wanted more like 400 - 400cc. I'm just wondering how long I would have to wait before I could have a revision to go larger? What is the likelihood of me being able to fit another 100 - 120 cc in once the skin has stretched?

+1
Hi and thanks for your question. If given enough time for the skin to stretch you will be able to fit an additional 100-150 cc . You should wait at least 6 months. Good luck

Breast implant size should be carefully established prior to the operation.

+1
There are many good sizing systems to determine which implants would be best. I would take a great deal of time to determine what size you ultimately would be. If your breasts are soft and natural after the first operation it's probably best to leave well enough alone.

Breast Implant Removal

+1
Hi,
I am sorry you wish you were bigger already.  While I can't comment specifically, yes it should be achievable to insert implants that much larger.  Be sure you are seeing only a board certified plastic surgeon (by ABPS - The American Board of Plastic Surgery) who is a member of ASAPS (The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) and or a member of ASPS (The American Society of Plastic Surgeons). Also, ask if they have an established, high volume breast augmentation practice, performing several hundred breast augmentations each year. Ask to see their before and after photos if you didn’t see any on their website. If they are experienced, they should have several 100 breast implant patients for you to view. I would also recommend that your doctor offer you the chance to talk to past patients who would be happy to discuss their experience with you. You need to feel comfortable, so make sure the environment is safe as in an accredited surgery center. Also, ask a prospective surgeon if he or she has ever published journal articles in professional peer-reviewed journals, which they can provide you.All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

#BreastImplantRevision - How long to wait before fitting another 100-120cc in?

+1
In general, I would advise that someone wait at least six months before considering an elective revision.  There are many reasons for this but that is even more important if you want to increase the size of your implants.

It is, of course, impossible to comment specifically in your case; certainly in the absence of a photo but even with one it would be difficult.  There are too many factors, including type and thickness of skin, weight gains and losses, etc.

But my general advice is to give it at least six months and then speak with your PS.  Hopefully you will by that time be comfortable enough with the size that you have that you may not feel it necessary to undergo a revision.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of RealSelf100

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

How long do you have to wait before a revision? What is the likelihood fitting another 100-120cc in once the skin has stretche

+1
Posted befores and present after photos would have been of great help. No way to respond but seek IN PERSON second opinions. Could be a 3 month to 6 month wait. Why were expander implants not offered??? 

Increasing breast volume with a revision surgery and larger implant

+1
Give it time before you consider a revision of your surgery.  If you are not happy with the size of your breasts in 6 months you may consider a revision using a larger implant.  It would require an exam to determine the size increase that would be possible.  

+1
As you can imagine,  difficult to give you any type of accurate/specific advice without viewing pictures or without in person examination, but the likelihood is great that 100 to 120 cc  larger breast implants can be utilized in the future. Best to communicate your goals carefully with your plastic surgeon. In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures, as opposed to discussing specific volumes or cup sizes, most helpful.  You may also find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgeon concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Revision

+1
There is no fixed amount of time, though most surgeons would wait atleast 3 to 6 months.  for only 100cc's increase I am surprised this could not be accomplished at the first surgery.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon