Facial Surgery? Who Should Perform My Jaw Implant Surgery?

does it matter if a maxillo facial surgeon or a facial plastic surgeon perform jaw implant surgery? my issue is that my maxillo facial surgeon is more experianced but way over priced, whereas my plastic surgeon still performs it but probably hasnt done many but is reputable in all other areas of the face and much cheaper. i am wanting a V shaped jaw line and definetly know that i will need implants. NO INJECTABLES

Jaw implant surgery

+1

This is an area where several types of surgeon specialties overlap and could potentially provide an excellent result.  Ask to see before and after photos of your surgeons patients before making a decision.  Price alone is no criteria to use to make your decision.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Surgeon for jaw implants

+1

There are surgeons and poor ones in all surgical specialities.  Find someone who does frequent facial implants and ask to speak with some of their patients and look at their photos.  Donald R. Nunn MD, DDS  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon and Oral /Maxillofacial Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+1

The key is experience. More experienced surgeons tend to be more expensive. However, this is definitely not always the case. If you feel that your Facial Plastic Surgeon is adequately experienced and has enough pre- and post-surgery photos that appeal to you, then I wouldn't let the lower cost discourage you. The fact is that many OMFS, Facial Plastic and Plastic Surgeons perform jaw implant surgery. As long as the individual surgeons have good credentials and a variety of pre- and post-op photos, they are likely a good choice. You might also inquire if you can speak with one or two of their jaw implant patients to get a better idea of their opinion of the surgeon, their practice and their results. I hope this information is helpful. 

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon