Very Uneven Nostrils After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had revision r/plasty over 7 weeks ago & both of my nostrils were originally very swollen. I developed an infection in my left nostril and went on a course of antibiotics. During the course the left nostril swelling completely subsided. The right side and tip now looks noticeably bigger than the left side and it's making me very self conscious. I'm fearing that either the left side is too small or the right side is just still very swollen. At the moment I fear the right side won't go down :(

Uneven nostrils after rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling is still a factor at this stage of your healing, and can cause asymmetry. I would recommend giving it some time and see how you continue to heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions you have in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Very Uneven Nostrils After Rhinoplasty?

+1

At 7 weeks, you can definitely still have nostril distortion from swelling.  Nostril asymmetry is the norm, and there is usually some asymmetry in almost everyone.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Uneven nostrils following rhinoplasty is common

+1

Having some nostril uneveness is very common after surgery. It can take months for the swelling to resolve and things to even up. If you had an infection this healing process can take longer. Many patients have uneven nostril prior to surgery that they didn't notice until after the surgery when they study their noses closely. Ask you surgeon about your concerns and review your preop photos. If after your nose is healed it is possible to correct uneven nostrils with a minor grafting procedure.

Good Luck

Dr Wayne

Ivan Wayne, MD
Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon