Unhappy with my profile. Feel that my jaw is not quite "wide enough" and isn't strong enough. (photo)

Simply I would like to have a more masculine shaped profile and strong chin and jaw. ATM I have I would guess a 18-20% bmi, but have leaned out and still had a weak jaw and profile.

Unhappy with profile after weight loss

+2
Since your concern is your jaw and chin - let me focus on this.

Your photos suggest a neck lift (tightening of the muscle and removing any residual fat) is likely to improve your profile.

You need a careful facial exam before having a chin implant- in profile, you chin is not recessed and in Side Profile 1 is quite prominent. You do have a deep cleft between your lower lip and chin.

You may need a reset of the bone of the chin or depending on proportions, You should see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - in Australia a member of the College of Australasian Plastic Surgeons  - with experience in orthognathic surgery. Best wishes.

Unhappy with my profile. Feel that my jaw is not quite "wide enough" and isn't strong enough.

+2
There are a couple of issues.  First and foremost, you cheek area is extremely flat.  You need to have some type of augmentation to give you angularity to your face.  You can use cheek implants (permanent) or even fillers (temporary).  Just adding that volume to your cheek will enhance your look.  The cheek should, obviously, be a masculine look of angularity so be sure to discuss with your surgeon his/her views.  Yes, I agree you would benefit from a stronger mandibular angle (jawline).  I use Radiesse to the mandibular angle to give a very angular jawline.  Finally, I don't believe you would benefit from a chin implant.  If you place your finger from  your lip straight down, your finger should touch your chin...yours does.   A bit of liposculpting under your chin/neck area will also provide angularity to your face. 

Unhappy with my profile. Feel that my jaw is not quite "wide enough" and isn't strong enough

+2

Thank you for your question and photos! I believe you would be a great candidate for the chin implant procedure.

These are some tips to consider when choosing a plastic surgeon:

1) Choose a board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon and visit several offices
2) Seek a surgeon who does at least 100 surgeries per year
3) Internet discussion doesn't replace the advice of your physician
4) You could consider a small implant or a temporary filler to bridge into an implant
5) Computer imaging is very helpful to understand the targeted result

Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon