What is the best ongoing treatment for horizontal forehead lines and frown lines that are visible at rest? (Photo)

The lines on my forehead, and in between my eyes, are quite prominent -even at rest and i am starting to look grumpy and hard. Could you recommend the best ongoing treatment to help improve my appearance? I 'm 36 years old and starting to become very, very self conscious. Thanks for your advice and expertise.

Lines on forehead and brow

+3
This is a very good indication for Botox, but to prevent your brow from droping temporarily, you shoukd have the frown lines treated first, and then the forehead lines 2 weeks or more later.  Pellevé would help with the forehead lines and would lift the brow.

Botox will be an excellent treatment to soften the lines on your forehead.

+1
Botox will be an excellent treatment to soften the lines on your forehead. You will most likely want to treat the glabella and frontalis muscles. An in person consultation with an expert injector is indicated. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Horizontal forehead lines at rest - Botox may help but be careful

+1
Forehead lines at rest might be indicative of lowered eyebrows with the need for the brows to be lifted by the frontalis muscle. If this is the case and  Botox is injected, you will get further brow prosit and will be unhappy. You do need it in the glabella. Other options include forehead filler and Infini (RF) can improve these as well. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox or Dysport for Frown Lines

+1
Thank you for your question. The pictures you sent are limited.

In general, Botox or Dysport every 3-4 months work well at helping control horizontal frown lines.

Photofacials and/or laser resurfacing may also be helpful.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these type of injections.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox to treat lines on the forehead

+1
Thank you for your question. You would benefit from Botox injections in that area, this will smooth out the lines, it will restrict you from making the faces that are causing them. I would also speak with your provider about Co2 resurfacing, this treatment addresses many texture and volume issues.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for forehead lines

+1
My first treatment choice for wrinkles at the eyes and above is Botox. I will sometimes use HA fillers after Botox to treat deeper wrinkles that Botox cannot handle alone.

Richard Strecker, MD
Cohasset Ophthalmologist

Forehead Worry Lines & Frown Lines Between The Eyes Respond To Botox & Fillers

+1
Wrinkles generally have two components: a dynamic component (meaning that the wrinkles are formed or worsen upon motion of the muscles of facial expression) and a static component (i.e. that the wrinkles are present even when the facial expression muscles are at rest). 

For this reason, optimal treatment of wrinkles is not simply to fill them up with fillers or just treat the muscular motion with neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport or Xeomin). Ideally, both components should be treated. By doing so, we can not only improve the immediate appearance of the treated areas, but can prolong the results of treatment and slow the reappearance of the wrinkling. In fact, there is evidence to suggest that the earlier we begin these treatments, the better the results, the more likely that over a lifetime the individual may require fewer treatments, and may even never need aggressive, invasive cosmetic surgery.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Dysport botox and belotero do great together for forehead lines.

+1
Dysport botox helps the muscles not move as much while belotero fills in the creases nicely. Cost is roughly 300-550 for dysport botox and 550 for belotero.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

What is the best ongoing treatment for horizontal forehead lines and frown lines that are visible at rest?

+1
Botox is still one of the most effective treatments for horizontal lines and wrinkles in the forehead.  If the wrinkles persist after the injection of Botox then a filler or laser treatment should be considered, but typically Botox is enough and usually only requires 5 to 10 units.

Timothy R. Miller, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
The best and most effective treatment would be Botox, this will help soften any fine lines and wrinkles you may have