Why Does my Nose Look Shorter 6 Weeks After Open Septorhinoplasty?

I had open septorhinoplasty 6 weeks ago. When my cast was removed it seemed like my nose tip was lower and now its been 6 weeks and my nose tip seems to be higher. It makes the appearance of it look really fake. I believe my surgeon performed a suture technique to lift my tip. He said it will only be a very slight change but it seems like my nose is so short now and the change is dramatic. Is this suture technique permanent or can it be adjusted easily?

+1

The tip may drop with time, but I would ask your surgeon.  The nose could still be maturing for up to a year or more.  Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed etc.