Does Ultherapy work?

I am 62 and have good skin. I have been advised that Ultherapy can tighten the jawline and lift the forehead. Obviously nothing can replace the knife and Ultherapy is expensive as non surgical procedures go but if it can actually achieve the above without downtime then it may be worth it.

Ultherapy for Tightening Jawline

+2
Ultherapy is an excellent treatment to give a more natural-looking and refreshed face. It targets sagging tissue and tightens specific regions with a safe, low energy dose. The procedure takes less than an hour, and the effect is often immediate. The lasting benefit is that your body continues to produce more of its own natural collagen even after you receive the treatment and there is almost no downtime for most patients. You can expect the full benefit of the treatment to appear in about two to three months, and to last about a year. I would recommend getting a consultation to see if it's the right procedure for you.

Ultherapy works for majority of patients

+2
The majority of patients who have done Ultherapy in our practice(s) are very happy and see a significant change. It works very well. Yet 20% of the patients don’t see any or hardly any change, so have realistic expectations. Seek consultation from an experienced dermatologist in your area who has done this procedure on many patients.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy Treatment in Los Angeles

+2
Ultherapy is an excellent addition to our practice and we are one of the leading providers of Ultherapy in Los Angeles. The treatment uses microfocused ultrasound to target the underlying deep tissue of the face and neck.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Ultherapy can tighten the jawline and raise the brows without surgery

+2
I tell my patients that overall, Ultherapy can improve the face and yield about 405 of the result of a facelift, but without incisions and for a quarter the price. Results can take up to 6 months to fully manifest. So, if you want a dramatic change, surgery is best. If you are looking for subtle changes then Ultherapy can work.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

The necessity of patient selection for getting good results from Ulthera

+2
Any skin tightening procedure has the potential to help firm up falling and lax tissue. But it's not a panacea for all. If you understand how skin collagen functions change with age, it helps you understand why the younger patients seem to benefit the most.

"Slower" collagen replenishment occurs with age - that's an established fact. But since we all age at varying rates, you'll see some 62 year old's who look 50 and others who look 70.

Your doctor knows your skin - or can assess the potential. Ultherapy can work in someone your age. The results for anyone is not guaranteed to a specific level, but most everyone enjoys some type of lift and tightening. Getting an experienced and frank assessment of your potential is a first step.

Bio-stimulatory products like Sculptra or the robust long term fillers like Voluma - with or without tightening procedures - can also help you  look fresher and more youthful.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Ultherapy helps but it is not a facelift

+2
ultherapy does work, but it does take several months to do so and it is not for everyone. if you really need a facelift, don't expect ultherapy to do the same thing.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy Get Results

+1
I have had high satisfaction from my patients that have had Ultherapy. It is great for skin tightening, however it will not get as dramatic results as face/neck lift surgery. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that offers Ultherapy to see if you are a candidate. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Does Ultherapy Work?

+1
Ultherapy is FDA approved for lifting tissues in the face and neck, but you are correct that some patients may be happier with a facelift. Your best option is to consult with a facial plastic surgeon who can offer both options and advise you honestly on your best choice. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy does work in appropriate settings

+1
Ultherapy does work for facial tightening and it would have been nice if you provided pictures ... but a consultation is helpful so that you can be examined and the correct procedure recommended for you, whether it is non-invasive skin tightening or something surgical. Seek someone who does both types of procedure for proper evaluation. Read the Ultherapy book for more education.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Ultherapy can work for the right patient.

+1
It works well on patients who do not have thick skin, and who do not have too much excess skin.  Also, works best on patients who are in the 40-50 y.o age range. If you just want to tighten up the jowls and neck a little, you should be happy.  A photo would help!! 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon