Which treatment for redness, capillaries and mild roseacea?

So far I have been advised by different practitioners that the following is best for me! Laserscope LYRA ND: YAG, Excel, Fractora, V Beam, Gemini and Limelight. Prices range from $280 to $820 for a full face. I want to weep! I am in my 60s with reasonable skin but have an ongoing and fluctuating issue with redness one way or another. I have a limited budget but realize the 'cheapest' may be false economy. HELP!

V Beam

I would opt for V Beam. Having experience with IPL/ BBL, Nd Yag, 532 KTP, V Beam and 755 Alex, I think that 2 treatments of V Beam will give you a good improvement. V BEAM with different spot settings and power levels can address redness, as well as capillaries. 

Rosacea is a chronic condition, namely it will recur. The avoidance of flare factors, the use of good skin care and SPF is equally as important as laser treatment. All patient who undertake laser for rosacea should also be educated about the medical management and appropriate skin care.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist, 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Treating redness and broken capillaries from rosacea

If your redness is mild, you would be well-satisfied with 2 or 3 BBL treatments.  The Sciton corporation manufactures this newer pulsed light treatment and there is no downtime with the exceptiion of staying out of sunlight before and after for several days.  Sunscreen should certainly be worn all the time and to protect your investment.  The light is mildly uncomfortable, even for the most squeamish patient.  Cost ranges from $300-$450 per treatment, depending on the area you live in.  I strongly suggest going to the Sciton website to view real before and after photos from patients who have done BBL for many years.

Mary M. Dobson, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologist

IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is one of the best treatments for rosacea.

IPL uses a group of wavelengths to treat the skin.  It will help to even out skin tones by getting rid of pigment, and eliminating many of the small blood vessels which occur with rosacea.  There is no downtime, and the treatment can be repeated in about 2-3 weeks if there are any residual vessels.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Excel-V KTP Laser and Skin Care

There are many things like avoiding trigers, skin care products, topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics and lasers (PDL, KTP, IPL) to treat your rosacea. Skin care products that I have found great results with:

VivierSkin® HEXAM Cleanser -  Rosemary extract, grape seed extract, and vitamin C aid in thoroughly removing environmental pollutants, excess oil and makeup.  This is an oil free, alcohol free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic cleanser.

SkinCeuticals® Redness Neutralizer -  Formulated with NeurMed Complex to help neutralize the environmental triggers that exacerbate redness. Also contains biomimetic peptides to cool the skin, provide instant relief and help alleviate and heat sensation.

ViverSkin® LEXXEL Moisturizer -  This cream calms, soothes, and helps reduce signs of redness, inflammation, irritation and bacteria. Contains hexamidine, an antimicrobial with powerful anti-redness properties. 

EltaMD® UV Physicial Broad Spectrum SPF 41 -  Contains zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and is chemical free, natural UV protection. Water resistant. Light tint.      

For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with your condition.  

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

You have listed the best treatments we have for the redness

Thanks for your question and in it, you listed many of the best treatments we have for the redness,
capillaries associated with mild rosacea. All of them work so the most important thing is to find the right
provider that is reputable and knows how to best utilize whichever machine is chosen. It is also very
important that you are on a very good skin care routine for rosacea – this is key to maintaining your skin
during and after the lasers or light is done. I see all too frequently patients coming to me after getting
their rosacea laser or light and on nothing topical (or by mouth) when this is needed to keep the rosacea
under control.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser treatment of redness, capillaries and rosacea

Intense pulsed light (IPL) or Pulse dye laser (such as the V Beam) would be good options. Be advised that in many cases a series of treatments may be recommended- regardless of the treatment modality. You may need anywhere from 1-5 or 6 treatments. "Cheap" may not be an option as lasers are very expensive to purchase and maintain. 

Brian Harmych, MD
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of broken capillares , roseacea,rednes

treatment of broken capillares , roseacea,rednes

I agree that IPL or Sciton laser version BBL fotofacial is the treatment of choice..  no down time.   easy treatments predictable.   Our fees are right in the middle 

Which Laser for Broken Capillaries and Rosacea

Many of the lasers you mentioned would improve redness for mild rosacea though the least expensive would be IPL or BBL. For broken capillaries the Diolite Laser, tuneable dye laser work well.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

IPL for Rosacea and Broken Capillaries

IPL is the best treament for rosacea and broken capillaries.  Treatment typically consists of 2-3 treatments spaced 2-3 weeks apart.  There is virtually no downtime associated with this procedure making it an excellent option.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser treatment of facial redness

I typically use the Vbeam laser (pulsed dye laser) for facial redness and have found this to be one of the most effective and reliable methods to reduce redness and capillaries on the face.  Most patients see noticeable improvement in as few as one treatment but further treatments may be necessary depending on the degree of severity.  I find the Vbeam laser to be superior to IPL devices as it is a single wavelength of light that is specific for a component of the blood vessels with little effect on the surrounding skin.  IPL devices may reduce redness but they contain multiple non-specific wavelengths of light and, in my opinion, are more suited to blotchy pigmentation and sun damage. 

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon