Which treatment for redness, capillaries and mild roseacea?

So far I have been advised by different practitioners that the following is best for me! Laserscope LYRA ND: YAG, Excel, Fractora, V Beam, Gemini and Limelight. Prices range from $280 to $820 for a full face. I want to weep! I am in my 60s with reasonable skin but have an ongoing and fluctuating issue with redness one way or another. I have a limited budget but realize the 'cheapest' may be false economy. HELP!

Treating redness and broken capillaries from rosacea

+2
If your redness is mild, you would be well-satisfied with 2 or 3 BBL treatments.  The Sciton corporation manufactures this newer pulsed light treatment and there is no downtime with the exceptiion of staying out of sunlight before and after for several days.  Sunscreen should certainly be worn all the time and to protect your investment.  The light is mildly uncomfortable, even for the most squeamish patient.  Cost ranges from $300-$450 per treatment, depending on the area you live in.  I strongly suggest going to the Sciton website to view real before and after photos from patients who have done BBL for many years.

Baton Rouge Dermatologist

IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is one of the best treatments for rosacea.

+2
IPL uses a group of wavelengths to treat the skin.  It will help to even out skin tones by getting rid of pigment, and eliminating many of the small blood vessels which occur with rosacea.  There is no downtime, and the treatment can be repeated in about 2-3 weeks if there are any residual vessels.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment of broken capillares , roseacea,rednes

+1
treatment of broken capillares , roseacea,rednes

I agree that IPL or Sciton laser version BBL fotofacial is the treatment of choice..  no down time.   easy treatments predictable.   Our fees are right in the middle 

Which Laser for Broken Capillaries and Rosacea

+1
Many of the lasers you mentioned would improve redness for mild rosacea though the least expensive would be IPL or BBL. For broken capillaries the Diolite Laser, tuneable dye laser work well.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

IPL for Rosacea and Broken Capillaries

+1
IPL is the best treament for rosacea and broken capillaries.  Treatment typically consists of 2-3 treatments spaced 2-3 weeks apart.  There is virtually no downtime associated with this procedure making it an excellent option.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser treatment of facial redness

+1
I typically use the Vbeam laser (pulsed dye laser) for facial redness and have found this to be one of the most effective and reliable methods to reduce redness and capillaries on the face.  Most patients see noticeable improvement in as few as one treatment but further treatments may be necessary depending on the degree of severity.  I find the Vbeam laser to be superior to IPL devices as it is a single wavelength of light that is specific for a component of the blood vessels with little effect on the surrounding skin.  IPL devices may reduce redness but they contain multiple non-specific wavelengths of light and, in my opinion, are more suited to blotchy pigmentation and sun damage. 

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist