How often should you have a fraxel and IPL treatment?

I am in my early 60s. Over the last 2 years I have had about 5 fraxel treatments and at suitable intervals either side of the fraxel I have had some IPL treatments as well. Is there a protocol for laser therapy for someone my age? Does there come a time when a 'saturation' point has been reached and further laser treatments are considered unwise? Dangerous? Potentially destructive to skin tissue? Fraxel and IPL have created tremendous improvement in my skin so far. Should I continue?

Fraxel and Time Intervals

+1
The amount of Fraxel treatments and time intervals really depends on the goals of Fraxel and whether you were doing it for sun damage or deep wrinkles.  At 65 years of age it is entirely normal that you would need 5 Fraxel treatments to rejuvenate your skin.  The IPL or V-Beam is performed for surface pigmentation/redness alone and most patients require a touch-up every 3 or 6 months depending on their skin type.  The tremendous improvement that you are describing can only be achieved with a "treatment plan" of several laser sessions which sounds like you achieved.