Is the type of hand piece used during Fraxel 1540 for rejuvenation relevent?

1540 Fraxel . Does the hand piece contribute to the success at all? Two days ago I had a treatment. The hand piece was what looked like a microphone with a flat top. When administered I experienced what felt like (through the anesthetic) two points of 'zapping'. At the conclusion, patches were left unzapped. Two things - Judging by my recovery, the hand piece used, appears to be less invasive. Is the hand piece relevant? Should the operator have left some skin 'unstamped' in the way she did?

Fraxel and Technique

+1
Fraxel is an amazing laser for resurfacing skin with little or no down time.  Fraxel does not leave the skin "stamped" so I am not certain that you had Fraxel or some other fractionated device which they told you was Fraxel.  If you have any concerns you should return to your treating physician for examination.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel.