Fragile Skin Under Eye, Inter Crossing Net of Lines, Besides Injectables Any Suggestions?

The skin beneath my eyes has become very lined with what looks like fine, interlocking webbing. Besides injectables any suggestions?

Eye lid

+2

without examination it is difficult to advise. However, fine wrinkles of the orbital area are best treated with ablative CO2 laser resurfacing, depending on the color of the skin. Fillers and fat transfer has their own indications and may slightly improve the fine wrinkles.

Treatment of fine lines and fragile skin under the eyes

+2

The skin beneath the eyes is a delicate area and calls for delicate treatment. To treat thin skin and fine lines under the eyes, I recommend micro-needling treatments combined with application of a human growth factor serum. It has been shown that repeated "stimulation" of healthy keratinocytes leads to release of growth factors and cytokines that optimize cell-to-cell communication between keratinocytes, melanocytes, and fibroblasts. When these signals are boosted, fibroblasts differentiate to form normal collagen and greater amounts of hyaluronic acid. The result is thicker, healthier looking skin.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How to correct lines and wrinkles of the lower eyelids

+1
First it is very important that your lower eyelid be tight against the eyeball and not be loose or sagging.

Laser resurfacing can help remove surface wrinkles but if the eyelid is not tight laser resurfacing can pull the lower eyelid down, a serious complication.

CO2 laser resurfacing produces heat and needs to be used very conservatively and judiciously.

In my opinion fractional erbium laser resurfacing is safer around the eyelids.

Botox can reduce wrinkles in the crows foot area and is most often combined with the laser resurfacing using the erbium.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Fragile Skin Under Eyes

+1
Before I talk about treatment, let’s not forget that focused skin care gains you some miles! I suggest the SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex.
Fillers really don’t treat eye lines, tear trough hollowing yes, but eye lines, no. Do take a look at PRP, a concentrate of platelets drawn from your own blood. They are administered in a series of injections, usually three or four, about a month apart. They stimulate a skin regenerative response and use the power of healing within your own body. This treatment is also known as the Vampire Lift.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment for lines around the eyes

+1

Without a photo it is difficult to advise.  Make sure you are wearing a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and UVA protection daily.  Sunglasses may also help.  Less invasive treatments for this area would include the Enerpeel EL eyelid peel which would be good for improving texture and a series of Pelleve treatments.  Follow the link below for a before and after  Good luck!

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Rejuvneation of Under Eye Skin

+1

Perhaps one of the most difficult areas to address is the fragile skin under the eye.  Each person will have a different solution to his/her issue.  Some potential solutions include:

1. application of facial filler to small voids under the eye
  2. use of skin topicals to help rejuvenate, improve coloration and increase collagen formation
  3. light peels and laser procedures to stimulate collage formation
  4. deeper peels and laser procedures to help resurface affected area
  5. specific applications of botox to the area 
  6. lower lid blepharoplasty

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles

+1

Small injections of Botox can be tried, depending on the laxity of your lower eyelids. This can be determined by your doctor with a snap test.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Multipolar radiofrequency for under eyes

+1

Seek a qualified skin specialist who can perform multipolar radiofrequency treatments.  6 treatments can increase firmness with significant results that last for more than a year.

David P. Melamed, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist