Capsular Contracture? Is there any luck for my breast to drop naturally or have to have a surgery? (photo)

Breast augumentation surgery december 2012. After 6 months and my right breast is soft left is so high and not moving. Im going for a revision on the left breast only to make a bigger pocket and few stiches on top of the breast .  :(

Capsular contraction breast implant revision

+2

From the pictures it looks like a few of the images are flipped. At this point in time it appears that the the only option to consider is surgery to improve your appearance. Every doctor has a different approach to this.  Replacing the implant and releasing the scar tissue is the easiest procedure for the doctor. Total removal of the scar tissue or a neo sub-pectoral pocket is ideal but is more involved for the doctor. Good Luck!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of capsular contracture in Los Angeles

+2

I have extensive experience with capsular contracture and have found that capsulectomy in these situations is likely the most definitive treatment for your breast asymmetry.  I would combine the treatment with conservative measures.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry after six months

+1

If your breasts are this uneven after six months then they are probably not going to change on their own.  It looks like you are going to need a revision to correct this asymmetry.  While unfortunate, this is certainly one of the risks of breast augmentation surgery.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

Based on your photos it appears that revision surgery will be needed.  The scar tissie will have to be "released" and the pocket re-dissected to adjust the implant to be a more symmetrical position.  This much asymmetry is unlikely to correct itself after 6 months.  I hope this information is helpful.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Capsular Contracture? Is there any luck for my breast to drop naturally or have to have a surgery?

+1

Sorry to say you have a severe asymmetry with ? capsular contracture. Only in person examination would allow me to organize a surgery plan. Best to you. 

Complications of Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Carbea,

As you well know, there are risks inherent to breast augmentation surgery, one of which is capsular contracture.  At this point in time it is unlikely that your contracted implant will descend, especially if it was lower before and is riding higher now.  Good luck! 

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Capsular Contracture; Surgery Necessary?

+1

I am sorry to hear/see the complication you have experienced after breast augmentation surgery. At this point, after reviewing your pictures, I think your best option is to proceed with revisionary breast surgery. In other words, it is unlikely that the breast implant will “drop” without surgical intervention.

Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Breast Implant Revision Surgery

+1

Thanks for posting photos.  Removing the scar tissue would be the ideal situation.  At this point, it is unlikely that the implants will drop.  You will need breast revision surgery to improve your appearance.  Prior to surgery, discuss all your options with your Plastic Surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Surgery needed for capsular contracture

+1

Hi there, it looks to me like you do need surgery, ideally on both breasts. In the distant past a "closed capsulotomy" was an option but this unreliable as a treatment. Try not to despair too much- it is possible to get great results after capsule revision surgery.

Richard Rahdon, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon