8 Weeks Post Upper Bleph Crepe Skin Gone but Overhang Mainly Around Inner Corner, Revision Options?

I am 60 and had upper bleph surg 8 wks ago. With aging my deep socket line had become less defined and the skin on the lid became crepe. Surgery corrected the 'raggy' texture however I think not enough skin was removed or muscle tightened. I now have a 'blobby' overhang particularly toward the inner corners of my eye lids. Worse first thing in the morning. Also, I appear to have 2 socket lines per eye due to insufficient skin being removed. Will the overhang go? When is revision an option?

The fact that you are still experiencing fluctuating swelling means you have more healing to do.

+2

Needing more skin removed after a blepharoplasty is not a complication.  It is far better to be in this situation than to have had too much skin removed at the time of surgery.  It is very straight forward to remove a pinch more of skin.  Correcting the removal of too much skin is a major ordeal by comparison.  This shows excellent operative judgement on the part of your surgeon.  Generally it is best to allow yourself to heal 6 to 12 months before deciding if it is appropriate to remove more skin.

Healing after upper eyelid sugery....

+2

It is too early to consider any type of revision as you are still healing. It is very common to have swelling 'blobby overhang' in the medial part of the incisions after the surgery, especially if you started with a significant amount of excess skin to begin with; this will improve over time. Full healing can take 3-6 months, after which you should discuss with your surgeon your concerns. Upper eyelid surgery is a finesse procedure and excising too much skin from the medial canthus area can result in scar tissue and removing too much skin overall can result in incomplete eye closure.