2 Pockets of Soft Skin Under Chin Either Side of the Center After Neck Lift

I am 2 weeks post neck lift and a fit 61 year old. Under my chin and either side of the center there is a pocket of soft skin. I realize it is early days however I am fearful that these 2 pillows of swelling may remain albeit a little reduced. Is this common? I wear the compression band during some hours of the day and gently massage as indicated in the literature. I have little discomfort and no temperature. I know 2 women who are left with this disfigurement permanently so I am fearful.

+2

At two weeks, there is probably a great deal of swelling still present.  In addition, there can be some unevenness in the skin that can smooth out over time.   It would be difficult to comment about the specifics without seeing pictures.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Face-and-Neck-Lift.php