Is it possible to travel in mid-May when surgery is in February?

Wanted to go for holidays but not sure I have 2 kids one is 2 yr old n the other one is 4 , just wanted to ask that I stay in Australia and my sergery is February ,is it possible to travel to London for holidays in mid may ?? Health wise will I be able to do all right ?? Thank you very much

Travel 3 Months Post Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said 3 months is usually adequate time to travel. However, you activity and travel plans need be discussed with your board certified plastic surgeon with experience with the various tummy tuck procedures. Your surgeon can monitor your healing post op to determine if you will have any physical limitations during your travel in May.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Travel after surgery

+1

That would be plenty of time to recover before traveling. However the final clearance would come from your own surgeon.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

+1

That is 3 months. Usually that is enough time to completely heal.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

You can safely travel shortly after a tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your question. You should be fine to travel by then. Most complications, if they occur, happen within the first couple of weeks. The drains are normally out by one week following surgery. I tell my patients to avoid lifting anything heavier than 3L of milk for 4 weeks - and that includes the 2 year old (I used to say "don't lift anything heavier than a phone book" but Gen Y doesn't understand that!).

Good luck with your surgery and your holiday.

Damian Marucci, MBBS, FRACS
Australia Plastic Surgeon