Taking melatonin with B6 within the same week as bleph surgery. Should I cancel the surgery?

I have taken melatonin with B6 for the past couple of days. I have my lower bleph surgery scheduled in 3 days. Should I cancel my surgery

Meds

+1

I don't believe that these medications will interfere with your procedure but I will advice for you to let your surgeon and anesthesiologist know before hand.

Dr. Campos

Taking meds before surgery

+1

Neither of these meds in general are problematic for surgery, however you raise a great question.  You should call your doctor and let him know and decide together if surgery should be delayed.

The big issue is that you should always tell your doctor your meds and medical conditions before surgery, even if they seem insignificant.  When it comes to your health, nothing is insignificant.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

B-6 and melatonin before surgery

+1

Neither affects bleeding risk, the commonest reason to avoid medications before surgery. Melatonin can interact with a few agents an anesthetist might use. Most blephs are done with sedation, and it is doubtful that melatonin would add unnecessary risk to your surgery. Do check with your surgeon, though.

All the best