Melasma treatment: Can I substitute Tretinoin gel 0.25 for Retinol 1.0 Skincenutical?

Hi I have melasma and unfortunately I can not buy the tretinoin gel 0.25, so I wonder if is possible to substitute to retinol 1.0 or Retinol 0.5 skinceuticals? I have sensitive skin.

Substitute Tretinoin for Retinol in Melasma?

+1
Both retinol and tretinoin are "retinoids", that is derivatives of Vitamin A.  Tretinoin is a prescription and many times more potent than retinol.  It is an effective treatment for melasma by itself along with sunscreens, or can be used in combination with hydroquinone or other lightening agents.

Miami Dermatologist