Best Treatment for Melasma on the Face?
- Asked by betsy521 in scranton, pa
- 4 years ago
What is the best way to get rid of melasma patches on my face? I have a large brown spot on my forehead and chin that was diagnosed as melasma. I have been using triluma cream and it has lightened but it darkens the second I step outdoors. Is there anything else that I can do to get rid of this?
Optimal treatment for Melasma requires care by of a board-certified dermatologist
- Spectra Laser (Q-switched Nd:Yag laser) by Lutronic is the new standard of care for melasma
- Daily high SPF sunscreen application, reapply every 2 hours between 10am and 4pm when you are outdoors. Consider sun protective clothing, broad-brim hats. Plan your outdoor activities before 10am or after 4pm.
- Discontinue all estrogen-containing contraceptive
- Gentle cleansing. Excessive irritation from vigorous washing can lead to postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Laser_Surgery.html
Recent Melasma Treatment Reviews
Melasma Treatment Photos
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.