Will Melasma caused by Derma Rolling go away? If not, what can be done to fix it?

I got palmar lasers done and it made my freckles worse. It's now a patch versus just two dots. I regret it so much. Then I had two derma rolling sessions to try to fix it, the second made it even worse. Will the dark patch go away on its own or what can I do to fix it? It's been two weeks since my last derma rolling session. Thank you.

Melasma Triggers

+1
The cause of Melama is unknown but pregnancy, birth control pills, cosmetics, hormone therapy, irritation and sun exposure often trigger it. It is possible that your Melamsa will improve on its own. However, if you wanted treatment for it, it should be treated very gently because the production of melanocytes (pigment making cells) is increased when the skin is irritated.

You can treat Melasma with light peels, topical lightening/bleaching creams or light lasers. Daily sunscreen with an SPF 50 is important as well as limited sun exposure, especially between the hours of 10-3.

It’s important to keep in mind that once your Melasma has faded, it is possible for it to “reappear” depending on your triggers.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment is best for your skin.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon