Medpor Chin Implants Removal 1 Day Post Op?

I just got my chin augmentation yesterday. I think the doctor had used medpor for me. My chin is still swollen but i can see there is like a dip in the middle. After going online and read about it, I really scares me and i want to change it for the silicone type. Is it ok to change it now since I've just got it done yesterday? Please help

Swelling after chin implant and replacing chin implants to silicone

+1

Swelling after chin implant can obscure results, so I would recommend that you wait prior to having it removed or exchanged so quickly. Surgery90210

First Post Op Day - Too Early to Tell Results !!

+1

Although it is possible to change your implant from Medpor to Silicone, I do not think you should make this decision at this time. Typically there is significant swelling for the first    2-3 days following surgery which makes it difficult at best (nearly impossible) to know the final appearance of your chin following this surgery. I would wait 6-12 weeks to see the final appearance as there is a good chance you may have the appearance you desire.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Chin Implant

+1

Changing the implant from medpore to silicone is very feasible. You need to talk with your surgeon about that and talk about the cost and the cost of any revisional surgery.

My advise do the surgery when you are absolutely sure and willing to give the healing period a chance.