Which Treatment is Best for Post Inflammatory Pigmentation, Medlite C6 or Fraxel 1927?

Dear Doctors I am 35 years old , Asian - Skin Fitzpatrick Type 3; and have brown spot on my cheek from Post Inflammatory Pigmentation left from an acne spot. It hasn't responded to 4% Hydroquinone much, and since my skin is sensitive - dont want to try a peel or microdermabrasion which might be harsh. I have read here - both Medlite C6 and Fraxel Dual 1927 thulium are good. My specific question which one is better for PIH, both from 1)effectiveness and 2)safety perspective. Plz Help Answer.

Treatment of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation

+1

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) is a frustrating condition that usually resolves best with medical treatment.  Although I have an extensive cutaneous laser oriented practice, I typically do not use lasers and other technology-based devices in the treatment of PIH as they can actually stir up more hyperpigmentation.    Your best bet is medical treatment and time.  Mild peels may be of benefit as well. 

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fraxel Dual 1927nm for PIH

+1

In my office, I have 3 very experienced Physician Assistants that preform all the lasers.  The Fraxel Dual 1927nm Thulium laser is a great option to start with.  We have a very diverse ethnic clientele here in the Marina and Los Angeles.  This laser is great but you will still need to be on a Hydroquinone and Kojic Acid regimen.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD