Medium Depth TCA Peel, 35%, for Skin Maintenance?

I am interested in starting a new chemical peel regimen. I want to get a medium depth chemical peel (TCA 35%) 1-2 times per year for skin maintenance. By skin maintenance, I mean increasing collagen, keeping an even tone and texture, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay, and keeping an overall "glow." Is this a good regimen? Can a medium depth TCA peel prevent premature skin aging if done consistently? I am a 30 year old female.

30 y/o TCA peel

+1

I would have to see how much sun damage you have to tell you what kind of peel would be best but 35% TCA sounds a bit aggressive for the usual 30 y/o. You should see your dermatologist and start a regimen to preserve and maintain your skin. This should include use of sunscreen, a retinoid, and possibly a form of topical vitamin C. they will then tell you whether  peel is indicated. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

TCA Peel

+1

The results of a 35% TCA peel will typically last about a year. I would suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area for an examination and consultation on what would work best in addressing your concerns.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon