Will Medium Depth Blue Peel Tighten my Skin?

I'm interested in a Obagi Blue peel to erase fine upper lip wrinkles and tighten my skin, but the MD's seem to have conflicting views on the effectiveness of medium depth peels on wrinkles.

Would a medium depth peel (blue peel) get rid of targeted wrinkles and tighten my skin a bit?

Obagi Blue Peel in Los Angeles

+1

I perform Blue Peels with TCA and have found them useful in specific populations to address large pores, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Obagi Blue Peel for Skin Tightening

+1

An Obagi Blue Peel is really best for correcting pigmentation problems and superficial sun damage. It will correct some fine wrinkling and minimally tighten the skin but there are other, more effective treatments for this such as laser resurfacing.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/obagi-medical-systems/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin Tightening with Blue Peel

+1

A blue peel will usually improve wrinkles and tighten skin a bit, depending upon the concentration of TCA used. In fact, any acid peel or laser resurfacing procedure has the potential for these benefits. The benefits are usually proportional to the depth of injury and the period of down-time. In other words, don't expect a great deal of improvement with something you have done during lunch with no down-time.

Blue Peel will lighten your skin, as will any significant peel

+1

All chemical peels (and laser peels for that matter) will lighten a patients skin. Realize that dyschromia (pigmentation problems) is one of the most common results of sun damage. Your skin makes pigment (melanin) to help protect it from UV rays. Over time, some abnormalities in pigment production occur and these show up as freckles, brown spots or staining, and generally, irregular pigmentation.

A chemical/laser peel will remove a lot of this pigmentation. Some of the deeper pigmentation may not be removed, but a significant amount of pigmentation can be expected to be removed. This is a good thing! A baby's skin is pale and uniform. If we can get rid of irregular pigmentation (with in reason) your skin will be more uniform and look better and more youthful. It will help with wrinkles but there are much better tools in my toolbox for those, laser resurfacing--ActiveFx and DeepFx are the state of the art tools.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blue Peel and skin tightening

+1

I have been getting Blue Peels on myself and performing them on patient's for over ten years and it does some very nice things for the texture and quality of the skin but it doesn't go deep enough to have much effect on skin tightness and wrinkles. For those things you should look into fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing.

Long Beach Plastic Surgeon