I Have Very Medium Blue Eyes, No Brown Pigmentation. Can Latisse Make my Retinas Brown?

Latisse and blue eyes

+3

You have to have melanocytes in your irises to have any chance of change. Thus, green or hazel eyes only. People with blue eyes who do not have melanocytes will not have any chance of eye color change.

And to be honest, I've sold thousands of Latisse prescriptions and not seen one change in eye color. The only eye color change ever came with Lumigan, which is what Latisse is derived from and is used directly in the eye for glaucoma, and so the same FDA warnings came with the Latisse packaging.

Latisse make the retina brown?

+2

There is NO possibility that Latisse can make your retina brown.  The retina is in the back of the eye and carries the nerve cells for vision.  You are likely referring to the eye color, which is a result of the iris pigmentation.  To the best of my knowledge, this has not been reported with Latisse, but has been seen with Lumigan, when the medicine was instilled directly in the eye as an eye drop for glaucoma.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse Use...

+2

In a simple answer... No.  The amount of Latisse you use daily (1 drop per lid) is so minute that even if you were to drop the entire drop into the eye, which you don't, seeing how you are to apply the solution on the base of the eye lash this would not change your eye color.

There has NEVER been any studies or reports showing that Latisse changes the eye color of a patient if used correctly.

Hope this helps.  Enjoy your Latisse it's a wonderful product... fear not!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Latisse and eye color

+2

latisse doesn't change the color of your retinas, it may change the color of your iris, but only if you have the type of iris that is blue or green MIXED WITH SOME FLECKS OF BROWN, as pure blue and green doesn't have enough melanocytes to get bigger (which is how latisse works)

also if you're careful not to get it in your eyes to begin with, it won't affect your eye color

Emil Chynn, MD
New York Ophthalmologist

Latisse is safe for blue eyes

+2

There is no evidence to suggest that Latisse will change your eye color. The eye is exposed to a very small amount of Latisse even when it is properly applied as directed to the upper eyelid margin using the supplied applicator. This has been demonstrated by applying a colored dye to the eyelid margin and watching its migration. Over two and a half million prescriptions for Latisse have been filled with no confirmed reports of iris pigmentation color changes.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Change in eye color with Latisse

+1

Thank you for your question.  I think you were meaning to ask if your Iris will turn brown... and although it is stated on the consent form that there may be color changes in the Iris, it has never been seen with the proper use of Latisse.  Latisse will not turn your blue eyes brown.  I would suggest that you speak with your doctor and make sure you understand the potential risks and complications associated with Latisse use.  Best Wishes!