Can medications cause swelling after TT?

I had my TT 8 months ago and I was happy with the results until recently when I got this sciatica pain and my belly became very swollen. I can' stand upright because my back hurts.However I have been taking ibupufren and codeine. Can the medications be the cause of my stomach swell?

Medications and Abdominal Swelling?

+1
Narcotics can cause a slowing of the bowel peristalsis,dilate the bowel, and cause an illeus. Pain and immobility can also cause an illeus.

In essence, an illeus  is the loss of propulsive ability of the bowel causing bloating. The bloating can increase intra-abdominal pressure and create a protuberance of the abdominal wall. Consult your surgeon.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon