What Medication Can I Use to Lessen Eyelid Swelling Caused by Botox?

Problems or complications from botox and eyelids

+1

Swelling is usually not an allergic reaction to Botox around the eyelids. It can be from sagging of the eyebrows which pushes more skin down around the upper eyelid area or if botox is injected in the lower eyelids to minimize bulkiness, the pump action may slow down and fluid retention can occur, especially in those individuals who are prone to puffiness.

See your doctor to evaluate your condition. If there are true itchy hives/welts then you may need to see a doctor urgently.

Swelling and BOTOX

+1

Generally, you should not experience swelling after BOTOX injections, however, some first time users do experience this. If this is the case for you, swelling should subside within 2 weeks following your injections. It is very important to contact the provider who administered the BOTOX to let them know your symptoms. In some cases, they may be able to prescribe anti-inflammatory agents or eye drops to help the problem. You may also find relief with a cold compress.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon