Will Medicare Cover a Medically Necessary Abdominalplasty?

I had a hystrectomy when I was 31. Then they had to go back in a year later to remove the last ovary. Since this I have always had a constant struggle with the over-hanging mothers-apron. I had a surgery to have my rectal wall repaired, now I am having those issues again, plus accidently wetting, and breathing problems while laying on back. My urologist wants a plastic surgeon to do a adominalplasty He says it is medically necessary.Will this be covered by my insurance?

Insurance covering Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

It is difficult to say whether insurance will cover the surgery. The best way to know is to go visit a surgeon who would be willing to perform the procedure through insurance and he/she can submit an authorization letter to the insurance company to see if they approve it. It will be helpful to have a letter from your Urologist as well.