I Am on Medicare and Wonder if Possible They Would Pay for Reduction of Breast Since I Have Back and Neck Problems? (photo)

I Am on Medicare and Wonder if Possible They Would Pay for Reduction of Breast Since I Have Back and Neck Problems

Medicare Coverage of Breast Reduction Surgery

+2

Thank you for your question and the very cute picture.

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

The ideal situation would be for you to lose weight  if you are in not your long-term stable weight already;  this course  will provide you the best chances of  a complication free perioperative course.   Reaching your long-term stable weight prior to undergoing breast reduction surgery will also minimize the chances that further surgery will be necessary ( for example if you were to lose weight after the breast reduction procedure).

When the time is right, I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can  better advise you have to direct examination. This direct examination will be necessary to determine whether Medicare coverage of the breast reduction procedure is a possibility.

I Am on Medicare and Wonder if Possible They Would Pay for Reduction of Breast Since I Have Back and Neck Problems?

+2

Yes Medicare will reimburse for breast reduction surgery if you met the citeria they set up. Please seek in person evaluations.

Does Medicare pay for Breast Reduction

+2

Medicare often covers surgery for breast reduction if the patient has the symptoms of pain in the neck, back, and shoulders or rashes in the fold. Speak with a local plastic surgeon to see what experience they have with medicare in your specific area.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD