Will Medical Cover Invisalign and is It Ok to Get Invisalign While Pregnant?

I've been in need of braces since I was young but never had the money for it. I'm five months pregnant. Will being pregnant not let me get them?

Pregnancy is NOT a contra-indication to Invisalign

+2

As  long as you can commit to wearing your aligners 22/7, and as long as you already have a full set of X-rays within the past year, you can go ahead with treatment. Medical insurance will NOT cover it unless you can show a MEDICAL necessity for the treatment, such as TMJ issues or gastric problems due to inability to chew & digest food properly. Very hard to substantiate.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Medical Insurance do not cover Invisalign.

+2

Medical Insurance will not cover your Invisalign Treatment. Being pregnant is not a contraindication to getting Invisalign treatment; however, it is a compliance based treatment and you will need to commit to be able to wear your aligners 20-22 hours every day after you get your aligners. Your treating provider may be able to `pause’ the treatment for a short time. Please talk to your doctor and consider the commitment factor prior to making a decision.

Hema Patel, DDS
Fremont Cosmetic Dentist

Pregnancy should be fine with Invisalign treatment

+2

Unless there is an allergy to the materials used with the aligners, there should be no problem with Invisalign.  However, you are almost done, so it may not be worth any risk.  Also, you should not expect medical insurance to help with the treatment, unless there was a medical need for the care.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Will medical insurance cover invisalign

+2

Unfortunately invisalign will not be covered by your medical insurance.  Being 5 months pregnant I would wait until after you have given birth to start invisalign.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Medical coverage for Invisalign and invisalign while pregnant

+1

Medical will not cover invisalign unless you can prove that it is a medical necessity which would be very hard to do.Their rules as to coverage are very hard and fast and they view invisalign as cosmetic rather than a necessity for your health and well being.  As to having invisalign during your pregnancy, there seems to be no evidence that there would be a medical problem for you or your baby. It may not be the most convenient time for you to do the procedure since it requires a commitment of wearing them pretty much all of the time. Also there will be a few trips to get new aligners from your dentist, and depending how far away he is and how uncomfortable you are at the end of your pregnancy, you might want to wait until after your baby is born...Hope this helps and congratulations and,. no matter what, DO the invislalign and give yourself a gift of straight teeth and a beautiful smile!

Robert Fields, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Will Insurance Cover Invisalign?

+1

If you have orthodontic coverage, you are covered for getting your teeth straight no matter what your orthodontist uses to do it. Invisalign is just a tool, as are braces. Insurance companies' coverage is not affected by what is used to straighten the teeth. They just pay to get them straight. 

Greg Jorgensen, DMD, MS
Albuquerque Orthodontist