Will Medicaid Pay from Saline Breast Implant Removal?

I had breast augmentation under the muscle in 1998 with saline implants. For the past 5 years or so I've been having pain and discomfort in my breast and nipples, back & shoulders. I don't sleep well because of the discomfort & the implants will "travel" under my armpits if I lay on my back. Also if I bend over and use my pectoral muscles for anything they stay painfully contracted for a minute until they relax & the implant drops down. Would I qualify for medicaid to remove them? Thanks.

+2

Many Hospital websites were list the insurance carriers accepted by members of the medical staff including plastic surgeons. Your local Medicaid office is likely to have a listing of plastic surgeons that accept Medicaid.

Finding such  a plastic surgeon would be the first step. that will be up to the Medicaid office to decide whether they considered this medically necessary.

Thank you for your questio,n best wishes.

Medicaid and breast implant removal

+2

The only way to know for sure is to visit with a qualified surgeon who contracts with Medicaid insurance.  He or she can help you understand your options and if surgery would be covered by your insurance.  Most of the time, cosmetic implant-related surgery is not covered by insurance - Medicaid or other.

Removal of Breast Implants and Medicaid?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing after breast augmentation surgery.

Your best recourse would be to visit with board certified plastic surgeons ( you will have to do some research to  find doctors who work with Medicaid). Only after direct consultation, will you be able to have some indication whether removal of your breast implants would be considered “medically necessary”; even then it may be difficult  obtaining “authorization” for this procedure from any type of third-party entity.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm

Hello

+2

The only way to know if your insurance will pay is to call them and ask them. Tell them what you are going through.