Medicaid Cover Explantation?

I recently had developed an infection in my left breast. After 2 rounds of anti-biotics and numerous ER visits, the implant ended up coming out on it's own. Would medicaid pay to have the other implant removed?

Medicaid Coverage for Implant Removal

+1

Sometimes in the cases of painful capsular contracture, insurance will pay to have implants removed.

Medicaid Cover Explantation

+1

I always regret hearing outcomes like this.

This is a decision that would be made by the local medicaid office, but it seems unlikely. Discuss options with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Complication-BA

+1

It would be very unusual for a State or Federal program to Breast Augmentation surgery or complications arising out of such surgery. May I suggest you return to your original breast surgeon and ask how next you can proceed. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Breast Implant and Medicaid Coverage?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you experienced after breast surgery. Unfortunately, I'm not able to give you precise advice regarding Medicaid coverage. My best guess however would be that no type of “insurance” will  cover the removal of breast implants that have been placed for aesthetic purposes.

For more precise information, in-person consultation with board certified plastic surgeons in your area will be necessary.