Medial Epicanthoplasty Scar Is Still White and Raised 3 Months Post Op- Is This Normal? (photo)

I did medial epicanthoplasty on 6 oct 2011, it's nearly 3 months now, the scar has turned white, but it is still very obvious and hypertropic (raised) on my left eye. On my right eye, the bottom incision is red but flat, and the top is raised and white. Will the scar be permanent? Is there anyway to improve, heal or remove the scar? I have tried scar esthetique, but it did not help much.

Medial epicanthoplasty scar. How long will it last?

+2

Hope this helps.  This visible scar can be visible for several months and up to a year.  Active treatments you can try are 5-flurouricil injections and possibly even a little gentle CO2 laser resurfacing.  However, the best thing to do is be patient and wait.  This will get better on it's own but it takes time.  This is an unfortunate situation and your first instinct is to do something but I see this a lot , particularly from over seas, and it's always safer to wait.  Even though my practice is 98% Asian I rarely perform this procedure.  Surgical revision of this is possible but it's probably best to wait a  minimum of 9 months.  If it's still visible then consider revision.  My computer is acting up so excuse the answers being out of order.  Best of luck.   Chase Lay, MD

Morning, this type of incision and the scar that sometimes results can last for several months.  Mederma, Scarfade, silicon sheets can all help.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon