Medial Crus of Major Alar Broke Off, when to Fix?

I had rhinoplasty a month ago. My surgeon sutured together medial crus of major alar. My nose used to be curved. One of the medial crus of major alar broke off next day or so after surgery from the sutured center, curved back to the original direction, protruding in my nostril under the skin and pulling my nose to the side by not much. My surgeon will correct it through my nostril under local. He wants to wait for 6 weeks though. It is in my benefit to wait that long or should I do it sooner?

Movement of Medial Crus after Rhinoplasty

+1

First of all, I usually suggest patients follow the recommendations of the surgeons who did their rhinoplasty. It is best to wait about 6 weeks for resolution of normal post-op tissue irritation to reposition the medial crus (the cartilage within the columella) with a suture. It is a very minor procedure under local anesthesia with minimal recovery.

Waiting 6 months is a minimum for the nasal revision.

+1

You should wait at least 6 months to revise the nose since it will still be swollen and difficult to assess the final result and what to do.