Can the Medial Brow Be Lowered with Botox, or Minimal Surgery?

3 yrs ago I had a endo brow lift, and upper bleph. I have hated the shape of my brows since then, the medial area of the brow is slightly higher than the lateral end. And yes, I have that slightly surprised look, and even hollower above the eyes. My PS performed a temporal brow lift 9 mos. later, to help balance it a bit. Didn't really help enough for me. Still bugs me... If I could just get that medial brow down a bit, it wouldn't bother me so much.

Medial Brow Position

+2

Botox can certainly be used on a temporary basis to drop your medial (central brow) by relaxing the frontalis muscles (responsible for horizontal forehead lines).  A revision brow lift procedure may be able to permanently lower your central brow and elevate your lateral (outer) brow, depending on the scope and nature of your original procedure.  With endoscopic brow lift procedures, no skin is excised.  Therefore the process of dropping your central brow would involve releasing the fixation between your brow and the underlying bone which is a routine element of most brow lift procedures.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botulinum toxin to drop the inner brow.

+2

Usually the use of botulinum toxin is excellent for relaxing the medial frontalis allowing a drop in the medial brow and I think this would be one excellent option for your condition.

Medial brow position

+1

Unfortunately, any form of browlift has to take into consideration the medial brow positon and many surgeons remove the muscles that pull the medial brow down.  Botox above the medial brow may  help lower the brow.

Too tight a forehead lift

+1

You can try Botox above the inner eyebrow areas to drop the eyebrows but if the skin is too taught then there may not be a drop. If the Botox is unsuccessful, it may be worth exploring the risk of having your plastic surgeon do some relaxing incisions in the connective tissue underneath the skin over the inner eyebrows (called a galeatomy). As I don't perform such surgery, I'm not sure if it can be done well with an endoscopic approach or if a longer incision would be needed to gain access. Certainly, it is worth trying the Botox first

Ronald Shelton, MD

Medial brow be lowered with botox, or minimal surgery

+1

Yes try Botox first than if happy either continue for a six month interval or than attempt a minor operation to lower the medial brow.

Botox might help

+1

I hate when a forehead lift does not shape the brows well. The female brow should ALWAYS be higher laterally and flare. A higher medial brow just looks silly. Botox does this shaping very well in non-surgically treated brows. Post-surgery, the results are not as reliable from Botox due to scar tissue. It is certainly worth a try, however. If it does not work, go to a facial plastic surgeon who better understands brow shaping and get a surgical fix.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

BOTOX Can be an Excellent Solution

+1

BOTOX should be the first attempt to lower your brow.  It should loosen up and weaken the forehead (frontalis) muscle enough to create the changes you desire.   Surgical correction would be very difficult.

You would need and experienced BOTOX injector but it should not take too much BOTOX to do the job.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Hmmm. Yes BOTOX can drop the central brow but...

+1

Dear S

BOTOX can most definitely be used to adjust and manipulate where the eyebrow rides.  However, many who have had aggressive forehead lifting, the forehead tissues can get stuck down.  They may not glide the way they once did.  In this case, BOTOX may not budge the position of the medial eyebrows.  The answer would be a reverse forehead lift.  However, there is little harm to try BOTOX in this situation.