Mastopexy Results Seem Too Low With No Upper Pole Fullness? (photo)

Biplanar 460cc saline mod profile implants. I feel they are placed too low on my chest with no upper pole fullness. My PS suggested a balloon mastopexy. Does my implant pocket need revision or will the mastopexy be enough to hold the heavy implants up higher on the chest wall with upper pole fullness? I'm 28YO pre-op slight ptosis after 1pregnancy. Thoughts on ballon lift vs lollipop or anchor are helpful. I'll also have an areola reduction. Comments appreciated:)

Mastopexy to correct asymmetry

+1

Hello. It is possible to raise the implant on the chest wall with a mastopexy correcting your asymmetry. To make the right implant higher on the chest wall the inframammary fold needs to be raised. This would involve removing the implant and closing the bottom of the pocket with permanent suture. Once this is completed then you can choose to replace the same implants since you would like to remain the same size. You should schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for more information.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-augmentation-7001

Mastopexy Results Seem Too Low With No Upper Pole Fullness?

+1

Yes full mastopexy with correct volume exchange of implants for asymmetry in volume. Or fat grafting to even out. 

+1

As I look at the photos, the left breast looks quite satisfactory. The nipple and areolar position is appropriate to the breast position. Your breast is set lower on the chest than is the case for some other women, and that is not changeable. 

Your outcome will be improved by correcting the bottoming out on the right, possibly doing something to even out the volume, as the right side looks larger. The bottoming out procedure might include a mastopexy on that side, but I wouldn't do anything to the left side unless it is just an implant exchange for better symmetry.

Thank you for your question, and for the posted photos.All the best. 

Mastopexy Augmentation can be staged with good success

+1

You've got quite a bit of asymmetry - in terms of breast shape and volume. I'm not certain what has happened - perhaps you were asymmetric to begin with ? You certainly could have a mastopexy - with the goal of making both breasts relatively symmetric. Assuming the right breast is larger simply because you have more native breast tissue on that side - I'd advocate for a small right breast reduction, mastopexy and probably just leave your left breast alone because it looks pretty good. Relying on a mastopexy to 'hold up' an implant is wishful thinking. The implant will impart some upper pole fullness to your lifted breast, but the upper pole fullness will settle with time.

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com/SurgicalProcedures_BreastAugmentationandLiftCombination_5177795.aspx

Achieving Upper Pole Fullness with Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

If I were seeing you in person ( consultation),  one of my first questions to you would be whether or not you wish  to achieve larger breasts in general. If so, it may be possible to use internal suture techniques (capsulorraphy)  along with judiciously larger breast implants to achieve your goals, potentially without the need for any type of breast lifting.  As you know, your right breast implant has displaced inferiorly ( bottomed out);  internal suture repair of the breast implant pocket on the right side ( and on the left, if the breast implant displaces laterally when you lie down)  will definitely be necessary,  regardless of whether you choose to have breast lifting performed or not.  Also, I like the use of somewhat overfilled saline breast implants when trying to maintain superior pole  breast volume.

I would suggest in person consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you do your research.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/case-of-the-week/breast-augmentation/revision-breast-surgery/

Mastopexy results

+1

In order to get your implants where you would like them, I think that you will need at least a strong vertical type or modified Wise pattern type of mastopexy. Even with that, they may not be able to be as high as you are pushing them up. Your entire breast is a bit low on your chest as judged by where your IMF crease is.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/html/breast-augmentation-procedure.html

Circumareolar Mastopexy and Pocket Revision

+1

A circumareolar mastopexy can be used to reduce the areola and give about 2 cm of lift, no more.  This may well be enough for you.  A pocket revision would probably be advisable as well.   A full breast lift in a patient with very lax tissues may be able to hold the implant in a higher location but certainly not a circumareolar lift.