Capsular Contraction in Combo W/ Breast Lift? (photo)

The picture shown does not show the cc but I'm in the begining stages of developing it in my left breast. Is it a good idea to get the cc fixed and a lift at the same time? My implant is saline 460cc biplanar. Can I use the same implant and should I go completely under the muscle to increase my chances of not having a cc again? I'm also slightly bottoming out in the right breast and don't like how low they sit on my chest. I see my ps soon but respect the advice given on this forum.

Capsular Contracture

+1

In my opinion a treatable capsule is one that is firm and distorts the breast.  Pain may be a component also. Implant site change is reasonable for the CC diagnosis.  There are several method to treat bottoming out.  Your best bet would be to see your PS and get his/her recommendations.

Dr. ES

Capsular Contraction in Combo W/ Breast Lift?

+1

In this situation very hard to advise over the internet. But yes a combination of both a full lift + cc release can be done. As for reuse of implants,  a very sticky question. I re use but there are some who require completely new implants. 

Cc

+1

The treatment for capsular contracture is complete capsuectomy and exchange of implants.  I would not use Strattice at this time as it is quite costly and has its own set of complications.  I would use Strattice in recurrent capsular contracture where the above was  unsuccessful. Full muscle coverage does not have a lower capsular contracture rate, and is not possible anyway once the muscle is released.  If you want your breasts higher then you should consider having a breast lift at the same time.

Bottoming out and capsular contracture

+1

If you were my patient, I would likely recommend insertion of Strattice into both sides.  The Strattice would provide support for the implants and prevent bottoming out and would also likely prevent recurrent capsular contracture.  The latter is not a primary indication for Strattice but I have had several patients with recurrent capsular contracture who have stayed nice and soft with Strattice.  It's pricey but so is the need for yet another revision. 

If I thought you had a biofilm issue causing the capsular contracture, I would require a new implant on that left side.

I'm glad you are returning to your operating surgeon.  He/she knows you best and will do their best to help you with this problem.

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com/blog/strattice-is-this-my-new-best-buddy-in-the-operating-room/

Capsular Contracture Treatments and a Lift

+1

A lift can be performed at the same time as a capsular contracture treatmentThis can include a replaning procedure, of which there are several variationsThe implants should be changed, as biofilm on implants is a theoretical mechanism in the development of capsular contracture.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.