Can I Use Mederma in Day Time and Silicone Sheet at Night for a New Scar?

I have a linear a little raised scar on my lower cheek. It was resulted from laser and formed recently. I dont know whether silicone sheet or mederma work for me. Can I use mederma in day time and silicone sheet at night?

Mederma and/or Silicone for scars

+2

I have not been a fan of Mederma and not aware of any relevant studies which truly show this products effecitveness. Rubbing ANY medication on a scar 3-4 times a day will work probably because of the pressure effect itself. Silcone sheeting is your best bet and it should be worn at least 10-12 hours a day for 4-6 months under the supervision of your physician.

Scar Products?

+1

Noone really knows whether any of the scar products work or not, but they do not hurt anything.  Certainly the combination that you have described would be fine, a slong as it does not irritate your skin at all.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon