BA 3 Weeks Post Op. Now Right Incision Looks Infected, Weeping & Protruding Outward. What Should I Do?

The skin is extremely thin over that scar and it feels as though I can push my finger right in. There is no mass behind it, as if it was a pocket. I can no longer massage that area, as it is too painful and skin is so thin. I fear it is infected and don't know what to do. I took brown tape off and put gauze with paper tape on incision. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. Is there a doctor that will see me here? My original P is 2k miles away. Had 250cc silicone under placed in on 10/11/12.

Concerns of Infection after Breast Augmentation

+1

Any concerns of infection after breast augmentation should be treated or assessed as soon as possible.  Medical tourism has benefits, but not being able to followup is the worst aspect of this, assuming a very competent doctor was sought.  Finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area is the best advice one can give.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA

Possible infection 3 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

Hello.

Thank you for your inquiry and I am sorry that you are experiencing pain at 3 weeks post-op.

It seems that there is something not quite right and having the area checked by any plastic surgeon in your area is the best approach.

At this point, any plastic surgeon should be able to put you on the right track. 

Also, it may be a good idea to communicate with your surgeon asap as he/she may be able to refer you to someone they already know to be close to where you live.

In case your situation gets worse exponentially, please do not hesitate to go to the ER and the plastic surgeon on call should be able to help you.

At the end, there is no need to panic but an immediate action is required because the sooner you are placed on the right recovery tract the better you will be able to salvage your results. After all, you do not want to have a possible infection spreads and so increasing the risk of having your implants removed.

I hope this helps and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Weeping incision

+1

sounds like you need to be evaluated by a trained eye and pair of hands. Any plastic surgeon should be able to help you.

Breast augmentation issue

+1

If you are having problems withyour implants, it sounds like you need to have a proper evaluation.  You should see another plastic surgeon ASAP or go to an emergency room.

Possible infection after breast augmentation

+1

The situation that you describe sounds very serious. At very least, contact your operating plastic surgeon, even if he is far away. He may know another plastic surgeon that's near where you are now. If at all possible, go back to your original plastic surgeon. Otherwise, get a referral from your plastic surgeon that's in your town. Another option is asking your family doctor. He or she will be able to refer you to a reputable plastic surgeon. When all else fails, go to ASPS website (plasticsurgery.org) and find a member surgeon who's close to you.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Hello

+1

The best person to address something like this would be your PS. You need to see your primary doctor to see if they can see anything.

Breast Augmentation Incision Is Weeping

+1

Dear westwind,

It sounds like you may have a very serious condition. It would be prudent to seek medical attention immediately.

Please contact your plastic surgeon. If he or she is not available, I would see a local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and/or go to a local urgent care center or emergency room.

Please note that the information contained herein is not intended nor should it be used as medical advice.

Good luck.

Larry Fan, MD

Web reference: http://www.77plasticsurgery.com

Breast augmentation incision leaking and bulging outward

+1

What you describe sounds quite serious, and if you cannot find a local plastic surgeon to see you, then the emergency room for a check and assignment to the plastic surgeon on call is your best option.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Concerns about Incision Healing after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety you are experiencing after breast augmentation surgery. I think your best bet is to communicate with your operating plastic surgeon and ask for his help finding a plastic surgeon in your area who can see you in person. Sometimes a phone call from a colleague can go a long way.

Otherwise, I think you will be best off making phone calls to board-certified plastic surgeons in your area and ask for consultation in the near future.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

3 Weeks Post Op. Now Right Incision Looks Infected

+1

Sorry to hear things like this. It does sound like you have a problem that cannot be ignored. When patients travel for surgery for or after  it can be difficult to find someone willing take on another surgeons complications.

You might start with your own physician (today) who might have some sway with a colleague plastic surgeon. Otherwise an emergency room visit at the university hospital may be your best choice.

If you are fortunate, you may just have a stitch abscess not affecting the implant, but if it is the implant it may have to be removed to successfully treat the infection. When that occurs, the implant can be replaced in 3 months or so after the incision is completely healed.