What procedure would I need to make my nostrils symmetrical, and how much would it cost? (Photo)

My nose is literally ruining my life. I can never breathe through the right nostril without squirts if afrin daily. No other medicine or spray works. Also, it's SO unattractive. I like to date online, and it totally ruins my chances with anyone. It also greatly lowers my self esteem. I saw an ENT, and he wouldn't do surgery. What kind of doctor should I get for this type of work? What procedure? What will the cost be? Will insurance cover this?

What procedure would I need to make my nostrils symmetrical, and how much would it cost?

+1
    There is not a great deal of nostril asymmetry.

Los Angeles, CA.....................

Body dysmorphic disorder

+1
I totally agree that nose surgery will not help.  I am not surprised that you were turned down for surgery.   Yes your breathing might be improved but no matter how perfect your rhinoplasty result,  you will not be satisfied.  You should see a psychiatrist with expertise in treating body dysmorphic disorder.   Good luck. 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

You do not need surgery of any type right now. Possible #BDD

+1
Hi

You do not need any surgery right now.  While I understand your frustrations with inability to breath, you should not be using Afrin as it causes even a more severe "rebound obstruction" called (Rhinitis Medicamentosa) which is very hard to treat.  

More importantly though, the reason I say you do not need surgery is your concern that your nose is "ruining your life and ruining your chances of online dating."  Whenever anyone thinks that a nose is ruining their life you have to question whether they suffer from BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder) which is an actual medical condition and requires treatment and therapy but not elective cosmetic surgery.  I agree with Dr. Sundin that your asymmetric nostrils are not that bad to require treatment of any sort period but I do not agree with the rest of his statement or the fact that he did not pick up on the signs of BDD.  Please do not get a rhinoplasty for now.  Maybe in the future but please look into the possibility of BDD or SIMON disorder and get the proper therapy.  I hope you do not take this a personal insult but as a genuine concern for your well being.  I wish you luck

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septorhinoplasty

+1
you probably would need a septoplasty with possible spreader grafts and turbinate reduction.  A subtle rhinoplasty may also help with the bulbousness of your tip.  The septoplasty would improve the nostril assymetry, but honestly I do not think your nostril assymetry is that significant of a problem

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon