How Soon Can You Be Measured for a Bra After Augmentation? Had High Profile, Silicone Under Implants. (photo)

New bras

+2

I suggest 4-6 weeks before getting new bras. Don't get too many as your breasts will settle over the next 3-4 months so expect changes in the way they settle into the cups.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Bra shopping after an augmentation

+2

Best to wait 4 - 6 weeks before you go shopping for a new bra.  This will give enough time for the swelling to subside.  

How Soon Can You Be Measured for a Bra After Augmentation? Had High Profile, Silicone Under Implants.

+2

I recommend at least 4-6 weeks. To get a good measurement, the breasts need to drop to their final position and assume their final shape. Sometimes this can take 3-6 months. 

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery

+1
It is extremely hard to make accurate diagnosis as well as giving crucial decision making clinical decision without an in person physical examination along with a length discussion, please see your local board certified plastic surgeon in your area. If you dont have a surgeon you can look at the american society of aesthetic plastic surgery website and search by zip code or postal code. I wish you the best success!

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Bra measuring after augmentation

+1

You might want to wait about 2-3 months after breast augmentation. At this point, the majority of swelling should have subsided.

Measuring for a bra

+1

I usually recommend that my patients wait 4-6 weeks before being measured for a bra. Those women whose implants are on top of the muscle will be settled more quickly than those under the muscle.  You still can be measured prior to 4 weeks, but the bra may not fit well early on.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon