By What Means Could I Pay for Rhinoplasty, Considering my Limiting Conditions?

I am 18 years of age and do not bear an acceptable credit score. Therefore, I cannot apply for CareCredit. Besides waiting until I acquire enough money to fund this endeavor, I do not know of any other option that would allow me to proceed with the surgery beforehand. Does anyone have any ideas of a way I could still obtain credit or something of that nature? I would like to have the surgery done within 6 to 7 weeks (sometime in December).

Rhinoplasty surgery cost

Dear Dpow,

• This is a very personal decision and while I am sure you know that plastic surgery is elective and considered a luxury, for some patients, their nose can be so large or out of proportion that it affects their daily living and self esteem
  • There are other finance companies that may be able to help you
  • Other ways are through a credit card
  • You just want to make sure you are financially stable before getting surgery - there is enough to worry about post-op

Best regards,

NIma Shemirani

In our practice, we use Care Credit as well as other companies; they have been used by our patients with no problems.  They do have different rates so please make sure you get all of the information you need prior to signing up with any financing company.

Generally speaking, it is always in patients' best interests to achieve a certain degree of financial stability prior to undergoing elective surgery of any type. Patients should also keep in mind that additional surgery may be necessary in the short or long term, following the primary procedure that is being performed;  this additional surgery may be associated  out-of-pocket expenses. Again, best to achieve a physical, emotional, psychosocial, and financial “stable state” prior to considering elective plastic surgery. Best wishes.

Financing

In Canada, we offer financing through Crelogix. All you need is to be making a salary of minimum $2500/month and have no outstanding debts. Are you working at the moment?

If you don't have a job or credit card, then perhaps you should wait.

Rhinoplasty costs

I would advise you not to have the surgery done until you can save enough money.  You risk going into further debt and getting into deeper financial trouble.  That is not the way you want to start out life!  Tidy up your finances before considering the expense of cosmetic surgery.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Paying for cosmetic surgery - considering the options and consequences

Its important to have suffucient funds available to pay for your cosmetic procedure, and deal with the cost of any revisionary procedures that you might need in the future. We discourage patients from borrowing the money to pay for a surgery they might not be able to otherwise afford.