What procedure do I need to get my ideal nose? (photo)

I've always had a strong dislike towards my nose since I was younger. Now that I am 18, I am considering getting some procedures done. I'm not quite sure as to what I would need though. I'd like to change the tip, and thin it out overall. I provided a photo of my nose currently and the nose I'd love to have. I know there's no way to get it to look like a clone copy of that. I'd hope it's somewhat possible to a degree though.

The Ideal Nose?

+1
We are appreciative when patients provide photos of noses that they like, as they help us understand their goals and expectations. Based on the photo you provided, you are more than likely a very good candidate for rhinoplasty, which would narrow your bridge and refine your nasal tip. I encourage you to find a board certified plastic surgeon who also offers computer digital imaging, which would give you an idea of how your nose would look after the rhinoplasty procedure. It is important to remember that the manipulated photos of your nose through digital imaging are not a guarantee of your result, but they will ensure that you and your doctor share a common surgical goal and that the expectations are realistic. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose and give a thinner nose bridge

+1
When patients have a wide nose, a rhinoplasty is a common procedure to perform to refine and narrow the bridge line. To accomplish your goals of refinement and narrowing, a tip rhinoplasty needs to be performed. This includes suture techniques applied to the lower lateral cartilages along with a conservative cartilage removal as well. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to narrow the bridge line. For many examples, please see  the link below to our  rhinoplasty for photo gallery

Well-performed rhinoplasty surgery may result in a narrower, more refined nasal appearance.

+1
Your nose appears wide from top to bottom. You may wish to consult several reputable rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

What procedure do I need to get my ideal nose?

+1
Based on your photos, I think you can get some very nice changes to create a more refined look to your nose, but you need to get a consultation or two to talk about specifics. I'm sure you know the nose in the picture is heavily Photoshopped and therefore imaginary.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Re: What procedure do I need to get my ideal nose?

+1

Thank you for your question, and attached images.

From viewing your images it appears that you are trying to achieve more refinement of your nasal tip.  This is often the most difficult area when performing a cosmetic rhinoplasty.  The challenge of this area is based on the complexity of the anatomy, and the predictability in healing. 

You appear to be clear on your goals, and the image you chose seems realistic to what I feel is attainable based on limited views provided. 

I would suggest to locate a surgeon experienced in cosmetic rhinoplasty for an evaluation to best determine what is possible for you.

Thank you,

S. P. Maggi, MD, FACS
drmaggi.com
Austin Plastic Surgery Center

Sergio P. Maggi, MD

Rhinoplasty for an ideal nose

+1
You can definitely make significant positive changes to your tip with rhinoplasty surgery.

This would involve partial resection of tip cartilages likely with suturing of cartilages to narrow the tip further.  

Further recommendations may be made depending on profile pictures.

Generally if tip projection is satisfactory, this could be done as a closed (endonasal) rhinoplasty.  If tip is somewhat overprojected then open (external) rhinoplasty would likely be recommended.

J. Andrew Bartlett, MD, FRCS
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for an ideal nose

+1
Dear ElisiaNayda,

• You can have a more narrow and defined nose with rhinoplasty
  • We may be limited in the amount of narrowing based on your anatomy and skin thickness
  • In addition, these kinds of photos have a lot of make-up, including controuing, which makes the nose appear more narrow
  • When you are ready, please see a rhinoplasty specialist who can address all of your concerns

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

+1
I think that your nose can be reduced with a closed rhinoplasty for a nice natural improvement.