My Nose Appears to Droop on One Side and I Also Think It is Too Big. What Can Be Done? (photo)

My Nose Appears to Droop on One Side and I Also Think It is Too Big. What Can Be Done?

+1

The tip can refined and the alar base can be reduced in a manner to make the nose smaller and appear more symmetric.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and crooked nose

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves osteotomies to narrow and refine the nasal bridge. Spreader grafts are used to build up a concave upper lateral cartilage which causes asymmetry. The bulbous tip is addressed with a combination of cartilage removal and tip suturing techniques to narrow and refine the nasal tip.  Releasing of the depressor septi ligament will  prevent the tip from drooping upon animation. For examples please see the link below in our rhinoplasty photo gallery.

Rhinoplasty for the large nose with the bulbous tip, etc.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the large nose with  the bulbous tip, etc. can be repaired by refining the nasal tip and making the nostril asymmetry less as well as narrowing the base. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results

Asymmetries are common

+1

It looks like the insertion point of the outside piece of tissue of your nostril (called the ala) is lower on your left than your right.  This can be improved or disguised but is difficult to achieve complete symmetry.  It would be helpful to see more pictures or perform an exam to determine how much widening of your nose and/or asymmetry of your nostrils is from your facial muscle movement.  It certainly would be possible to address the width of your nose and the crooked appearance at the same time as well.

Colin Pero, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Based on only one posted photo not enough info top decide if a full or partial rhinoplsasty is indicated. Thus best to seek IN PERSON evaluations. 

Large Nose with Asymmetric Nostril Attachment

+1

First of all, it's important to know that everyone's face has numerous asymmetries if you look hard enough and analyze enough.  One nostril attachment will look higher than the other in anyone who smiles asymmetrically -- and most people can and do smile asymmetrically, at least some of the time.  So the point is that others don't notice that nostril asymmetry nearly as much as you do and if they do notice it, they don't think about it or their mind interprets it as being due to a normal asymmetric smile.  So don't fret about that too much.  It's a very difficult thing to fix without producing significant scarring at the base of the nostril.

As for the size of your nose, the problem is primarily in the lower half of the nose, and plenty can be done about this.  Both the tip of the nose and the total width of the nostrils are proportionately too wide, and can be narrowed using common rhinoplasty techniques. However, the difficult part is to narrow the nose while keeping the profile looking ideal and all other angles looking natural and normal.  That's why it's so important to find a surgeon who can demonstrate, through multiple before and after photos, that they do consistently excellent work.  Without that proof, you are taking your chances.  

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon