Will 350CC Make Me a FULL C/D Cup? (photo)

I have 3 kids and have nothing but skin left 32 AA I want to go to a D cup my PS said He will not go bigger then 350CC I feel that this will make me a FULL B SMALL C but thats not what I want, I was thinking more like 375 to 425 cc PLEASE HELP should I just get a new PS? Oh and thats with Mentor MPP Saline.

Your breast tissue can not handle bigger implants

+3

The amount of breast tissue dictates the size of the implant. If you place very large implant in a small breast, there will be thinning out,sagging,unnatural look and more complications down the road. Please listen to your surgeon and do not shop for the surgeon that will give the biggest implant.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Implant size vs cup size

+3

Hi,

Thanks for the post. This is a common question. There is a reason that the implants are marked in cc's and not Cup size. This is due to the fact that the implants will look very different on different women. Your pics show that you are thin and narrow framed.

I agree in part with your PS: you CAN go bigger, but it may tend to look more FAKE. Perhaps that is why your PS doesn't want to go bigger? I don't think that a 350 vs a 400 is a night and day difference. In fact, it is generally considered a minor adjustment in size. 

Try on the sizers again and perhaps have another consultation. I always let patients pick their own sizes: it's your body and your breasts, however, I also tell them that the best option is typically the implant that best matches their frame and breast width. 

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizes #breastimplants

+3

I have found that if you communicate your goals accurately to the surgeon then he or she should be able to help you reach your goals. I have found that when a patient focuses on a cup size or uses terms such as natural it is very generic terminology. These terms mean different things to different people. I have found that bras are very inaccurate from one brand to the next. So the first issue is to identify what shape you would like, and how big is too big for you. Sizing the breast for an implant is a lot like buying shoes. When you go to buy a shoe you don't buy a size 10 if you are a size 6. So the same rule applies to a breast. If your breast base diameter is 10 you should not have an implant with a diameter of 15. Too wide for your body. So once your surgeon has figured out the base diameter of your breast you then need to allow them to use their expertise to choose the type of implant, saline or silicone, and the profile that will give you the volume you are looking to achieve. Implants can be found similar to shoes. When you buy shoes sometimes you go buy flats, sometimes you by medium height, and sometimes you buy high heals. Implants are exactly the same but will give you a very different look from flat to tall implants. When a women who is smaller like yourself, has a narrow breast diameter, but wants to be big, you likely will need a high profile implant that will make the breast look more rounded than the moderate profile. There are drawbacks to using high profile implants in a narrow breast as well such as stretching the skin too much from the nipple to fold and having the implant bottom out. These are things you need to let your surgeon decide with you, not for you. If you are not happy with what you are hearing then seek a second opinion.

Selecting an appropriate breast implant size to achieve your desired goals

+2

Nothing gives women more anxiety than selecting an appropriate sized breast implant and with good reason.  This decision has lifelong consequences and should be carefully thought through.  There are many factors to consider and a diligent plastic surgeon will work with you and help you choose an implant that is appropriate for your size and shape.  It is important to trust your plastic surgeon to give you an appropriate range of implant sizes based upon your breast base, desired breast size and desired breast projection. 
1. Looking at photos is very helpful and trying implant on in your bra is also helpful.  At our office we use the Vectra 3D imaging system.  The use of this device has changed the way our patients select their implants.  No longer to you have to imaging what you will look like.  We have the ability to show our patients the final result on their body.  This has had several advantages for the us and the patient.  We are able to educate the patient about breast implant sizes and guide them away from implants that would be inappropriate for their unique anatomy. 
2. Communication is the key to meeting your expectations, after all this is what cosmetic surgery is all about.  A happy patient is one who gets the result that they were expecting.  I try to avoid conversations based totally on cup size.  The problems is that cup size is not universal among breast implant manufacturers.  You may be a D at Victoria’s Secret and a B at Macy’s.  Instead focus on desired shape, degree of fullness, level of upper pole fullness, and base width.  It is important to understand and express your desires for a natural appearance or an augmented appearance.  This is an individual choice and you should follow the advice of your surgeon and be confident in the end that the implant you selected is the best possible choice for your desires, body type and breast size.

Full C/D cup

+2

Great question. The most important part of breast augmentation is to get an implant which fits your body. There is no standard size for a C cup or a D cup among bra manufactures, there for I would not focus on cup size. I have 3-D imaging available on my website and in my office a help women decide on implant size. This is an important choice for you and you should make your decision carefully. One of the most common reasons for re-operation after breast augmentation is to switch to a larger implant size.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

When it comes to selection of the “best” breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast augmentation

+2

I think you have some options. You can go talk to your Plastic Surgeon and discuss your request, or you can find another Plastic Surgeon. 

You should be able to get what you want. As thin as you are, you may want to go to silicone instead of saline.

Good luck.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

32 AA to D Cup - Are 350 cc Breast Implants Enough

+2

In general, going up three full cup sizes tends to place most women at their anatomic limits.  For a small frame woman, this volume may be 525 cc or so.  For a larger frame woman, this may be 650 cc or more.  The best thing you can do is try on the sizers in the office to determine the size you want.  If you want more volume than 350 cc, the profile can be shifted to a higher profile, but you will have limits due to chest wall width.  This aspect of the decision making process can only be facilitated with an exam.  425 cc in high profile can fit most women's chest walls.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Will 350CC Make Me a FULL C/D Cup?

+2

There are so many parameters regarding the best size to ues to achieve your goals. To begin with, let me say that I would not recommend saline implants unless you have adequate tissue to cover the implant, and it appears that you do not. The result is likely to be a wrinkled implant which you can both see and feel.

Regarding Cup size, it is best to have your PS place different sizes of "sizers" in a bra and then put on a T-shirt to assess what size appeals to you.

Your chest and space for the implant must be measured as well. You don't want an implant larger than you can take. I would expect that to achieve the C/D cup that you want, it would take at least a 425 to 450 cc implant, but remember that cup sizes cannot be guarenteed. I notice that you have a very limited distance between the nipple and the crease below your breast (the inframammary crease). This could limit the size of the implant that could be used to look natural.

Don't hesitate to get a second opinion, and good luck.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Will 350CC Make Me a FULL C/D Cup

+2

Did your surgeon explain why he feels that 350 cc is as high as he advises to go?  

There are reasons to limit the size of implants. One is a general principle of not using an implant wider than  a patient's own breast. If that is the rationale her, the 375 MPP is 12.3 cm wide. Switching to high profile you could use a 420 or 460 and overfill up to 20% and still be within that guideline. There may be other reasons for your surgeons advise. 

Another surgeon may give the same opinion, but if you don't see eye to eye with your surgeon, a second opinion sounds like a fine idea. 

With implants as large as you are considering, and the limited amount of breast tissue that will be covering the implants, I would recommend being open to considering silicone implants. All the best.